MAG box Which box is better and is it worth upgrading?

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Which one is better? amazon TV box or the Mag 256 box. ram and storage look better on amazon fire tv but what about overall and is there any noticeable difference with reliability of playback of IPTV. I understand if your gona get buffering because of server issues your gona get anyway but what if server all good which box will give better performance and as I have a fire TV will I notice any difference getting a Mag box

I have not run iptv on either so can't comment. Android apps and kodi run fine on the fire tv box's of what I have seen
and I can't see why iptv would be a problem. I run iptv on android using stb emulator and it runs fine. I am sure there are members on here who run iptv on Mag box's who will advise...

Ive only ever run Kod on a fire tv box and all i can say is it is quick ive not run any of the standalone IPTV apps on a fireTV box but ive run iptv on a Mag box and couldnt fault it.

I suppose if you wait for the mag android version you can run third party apks and kodi also.

i have a mag254w1 cant fauld it really except the EPG is cr@p but theres loads of tv giude apps out there.
i have a trail running on an android box as well much better EPG BUT! i still would go with the Mag its seamless and much faster..

I have both boxes as well as a shield and would say that they are both different. If you want a dedicated iptv box i would go for the mag. The picture on my 60 inch tv is excellent on the mag while the fire tv will give you more options to add other apps like kodi and also standalone iptv apps. I also haven't found a way of adding vpn to the mag while it's easy to do on the fire tv box.

Back