MX Box recovery when toothpick doesn't work

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend asked me to look at a couple of MX Android boxes which both appear to be not booting correctly.
One starts up by displaying the green Android robot then goes to a blank screen; the other displays the vendor's splash screen, proceeds to Android text gif and doesn't go any further.
I have tried every combination I can think of with the 'toothpick' through the AV socket but no joy with either box.
Are they stuffed or is there another way to recover?
I've also had the backs off & tried discharging static with wire wool (an old TV trick) but still the same.

TIA.

oi oi m8

have you tried to reinstall firmware

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably need to be reflashed give this vid a watch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
might work if You can find the right firmware.

This can be more trouble than the worth lol

I sorted one once, it took me hours. I downloaded many different firmware/ files (think you needed 3 files?) i'd given up several times and put it back in the bag to give back to my mate. But kept perservering and got it in the end.
It was wierd as every thing i tried seemed to have the same result which led me to believe that the box hardware was faulty. But all of a sudden it worked. As mentioned above, you must have the exact files for the box. :)

Hi guys.

Thank you so much for all the replies. As @dar1437 says, this is beginning to look like it might be more trouble than it's worth, I don't think it was an expensive box. @Fergalsworld It is simply labelled MX, there is no Q, Pro etc. suffix.
@sneaker 's video looks the more likely one to do the job, as the first video needs the toothpick treatment to work but I have tried dozens of times and cannot get the recovery screen to come up on either box.

I will let you know how it goes.....

Back