Where do I go from here?

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
Aloha and forgive me for the almost inane..

I've read everything possible I think, however, as time goes by from the initial "breakthrough" with each device things become de regard to those that have been keeping up with things. Means a lot of reading and back tracking for the uninitiated. And a lot of headscratching. Not that I mind that :) Gives me a chance to appreciate the authors and their mindset and subsequent methods :) but when things are written in 2011...
Anyhoo..

I'm all set, I think ;)
Have assembled a menagerie of bits n bobs.

I'm modding a phat (just "fat" surely lol?) with a Lite-on that was a DG-16D2S but now coz of dash updates is a 02510C? Think that's right? (Dash is 2.0.1.16547.0)
Have a X360USB PRO V1, CK3 Probe and CK3 mini.
I'm cool with Jungleflasher and have firmware etc.

I feel as if I'm missing a trick somehow? (I've yet to flash drive etc). I'm wondering if there is a totally better and easier way? And also what exactly I'm trying to do and achieve by doing so?

As an aside, tonight I discovered that I have a Liteon iHAS B drive in my pc (woot! well it was for me til you tell me otherwise lol), so flashed that accordingly.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, because everything is like "soooo last year" regards tuts etc that I'm missing something. What exactly am I trying to achieve? Running backups with what I have? if so thats fine.

The only thing I can think of that would be the icing on the cake would be ISO runs from USB HDD? Been reading about coolrunner and reset glitch hack? Are they remotely relevant? Anything worth doing while the things in pieces?

Any help or steers most appreciated!!

Aloha and forgive me for the almost inane..

I've read everything possible I think, however, as time goes by from the initial "breakthrough" with each device things become de regard to those that have been keeping up with things. Means a lot of reading and back tracking for the uninitiated. And a lot of headscratching. Not that I mind that :) Gives me a chance to appreciate the authors and their mindset and subsequent methods :) but when things are written in 2011...
Anyhoo..

I'm all set, I think ;)
Have assembled a menagerie of bits n bobs.

I'm modding a phat (just "fat" surely lol?) with a Lite-on that was a DG-16D2S but now coz of dash updates is a 02510C? Think that's right? (Dash is 2.0.1.16547.0)
Have a X360USB PRO V1, CK3 Probe and CK3 mini.
I'm cool with Jungleflasher and have firmware etc.

I feel as if I'm missing a trick somehow? (I've yet to flash drive etc). I'm wondering if there is a totally better and easier way? And also what exactly I'm trying to do and achieve by doing so?

As an aside, tonight I discovered that I have a Liteon iHAS B drive in my pc (woot! well it was for me til you tell me otherwise lol), so flashed that accordingly.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, because everything is like "soooo last year" regards tuts etc that I'm missing something. What exactly am I trying to achieve? Running backups with what I have? if so thats fine.

The only thing I can think of that would be the icing on the cake would be ISO runs from USB HDD? Been reading about coolrunner and reset glitch hack? Are they remotely relevant? Anything worth doing while the things in pieces?

Any help or steers most appreciated!!

x360 is old school now m8

so sit back and chill are can you decrypt any line ???

Just because the guides are so last year it does not mean they are not valid. You could find a console on 7371 or less and guides from several years ago would be best for that scenario.

Which exact console do you have?
Do you want to go on Live?

EDIT

You can dump the key from your drive and flash custom firmware onto the drive. This will allow you to play disk backups while keeping the official frmware on the console. Alternatively you can use an optical drive emulator nce you have your DVD firmware dumped..

Forget RGH (RGH 2 in your case). The better option is R-JTAG. You can then play games off the HDD, but they won't be iso files. You cant play on live though.

Last edited:
long as you get the CPU key they make it harder to get the fookers lol

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated :)
The unit has a Falcon motherboard, and won't be used for LIVE at all (it's for my brother who is without broadband).

I've managed to blag the bits n bobs I have so it's looking like a cheap and easy option to flash the drive as suggested by Abu Baniaz I think. As long as he can play backups on disk then he'll be happy for now.

Just had a peek at R-JTAG and looks like an ace piece of kit :) something to ponder over for the future lol

Back