• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Where can i but a new chipped 360

Jooooles

Inactive User
Anyone know where i can buy a chipped NEW 360 not to sure if I would want a second hand one as had me hands burnt in the past buying second hand goods
:proud:

Jooooles

Inactive User
Thanks for the links cushty as for the above post Im totally usless at soldering and stuff so think id pass on a DIY JOB :proud:

Jooooles

Inactive User
thought you had to replace a chip well Im a good flasher lol so ill have a read into this thanks

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
the new ones r mostly onlites now and ever if u send one off for repair there coming back with them fitted ..
..pain

if u see one on ebay m8 ask them wot drive it has .. send them this link / picture

u want the outside ones 8m

Jooooles

Inactive User
just picked back up on this thread good job I got side tracked reading up on a DBOX so I have to avoid the Lite-On drive then but apart from that the other 3 will do fine right so no need for a brand new one then :proud: better start sniffing

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
u wot the outer ones here m8 there the best

u can try pound stretchers then u can look at the drive ?

mxwizard

Inactive User
Yes mate....the one to avoid is definately the liteon...I'd try to avoid the hitachi v79 if you can too as this needs a passkey to be installed in order to flash the firmware although xbc or highlander can do that for you so it wont be too much of a problem if you do get the v79...well atleast it can still be done unlike the liteon lol

Jooooles

Inactive User
Thanks smirn & wizard so I need a samy are a benq Ill also pass on the hitachi as i would like to do it my self so looks like ill hit the yellow add mag and pre loved cheers :Cheers:

mxwizard

Inactive User
Thanks smirn & wizard so I need a samy are a benq Ill also pass on the hitachi as i would like to do it my self so looks like ill hit the yellow add mag and pre loved cheers :Cheers:
All of the hitachis are fine and easy to do too mate... the only hitachi drive to avoid unless you are experienced with a soldering iron is the v79.

2primo

Inactive User
them 79s are a pig to do did one today installed trusty maximums pass key ...
drive ejected and closed fine but no led humm i thought ohh well try slax 2 booted slax did its job booted into windows dumped the GDR patched the hex then when i tried to flash the drive had gone !!!
after an hour of fecking about i got the drive back and flashed it its all good now
but i have to say i hate 079s they are a barstool fec knows what the problem was but i got there in the end
not recommended for the inexperienced there unpredictable ...