Where can i but a new chipped 360

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy a chipped NEW 360 not to sure if I would want a second hand one as had me hands burnt in the past buying second hand goods
:proud:

www.gadgetrepairs.co.uk ;)

Ran by a mate of mine - he is currently moving house this weekend and through next week but will post any orders as and when he can.

why not just go to the shop buy one and do it yourself very easy to do

Thanks for the links cushty as for the above post Im totally usless at soldering and stuff so think id pass on a DIY JOB :proud:

no soldering needed. all done by flashing the dvd drive. very easy done

thought you had to replace a chip well Im a good flasher lol so ill have a read into this thanks

the new ones r mostly onlites now and ever if u send one off for repair there coming back with them fitted ..
..pain

if u see one on ebay m8 ask them wot drive it has .. send them this link / picture

samsung-hitachi-benq_s400.jpg

u want the outside ones 8m

just picked back up on this thread good job I got side tracked reading up on a DBOX so I have to avoid the Lite-On drive then but apart from that the other 3 will do fine right so no need for a brand new one then :proud: better start sniffing

u wot the outer ones here m8 there the best
samsung-hitachi-benq_s400.jpg

u can try pound stretchers then u can look at the drive ?

Yes mate....the one to avoid is definately the liteon...I'd try to avoid the hitachi v79 if you can too as this needs a passkey to be installed in order to flash the firmware although xbc or highlander can do that for you so it wont be too much of a problem if you do get the v79...well atleast it can still be done unlike the liteon lol

Thanks smirn & wizard so I need a samy are a benq Ill also pass on the hitachi as i would like to do it my self so looks like ill hit the yellow add mag and pre loved cheers :Cheers:

Thanks smirn & wizard so I need a samy are a benq Ill also pass on the hitachi as i would like to do it my self so looks like ill hit the yellow add mag and pre loved cheers :Cheers:

All of the hitachis are fine and easy to do too mate... the only hitachi drive to avoid unless you are experienced with a soldering iron is the v79.

them 79s are a pig to do did one today installed trusty maximums pass key ...
drive ejected and closed fine but no led humm i thought ohh well try slax 2 booted slax did its job booted into windows dumped the GDR patched the hex then when i tried to flash the drive had gone !!!
after an hour of fecking about i got the drive back and flashed it its all good now
but i have to say i hate 079s they are a barstool fec knows what the problem was but i got there in the end
not recommended for the inexperienced there unpredictable ...

Back