Whats the score with having a phoneline connected to a sky+HD box nowadays?

Sicilian

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title guys, just trying to find out what the score is with having a phone line connected to a sky+HD box?

Does it have to remain connected for first 12 months? Is it activally policed? Really cant be arsed to see trailing telephone cables past my TV.

Anyone have any info on this please?

if u don't have multi room just remove it, mines never been connected.
if u have multi room sky check the boxes are on the same line.

Mine isn't connected either, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Well, the phone line is going into the back of it, but the botch job the sky installer did on the extension means it doesn't work. It's been like that for 2 months now and I've not heard anything from them so far. My cousin on the other hand received a letter asking him to plug the phone line in, not sure after how long or what package he was on.

For me, I'm just putting up with the frequent 'Plug your phone line in so you can receive the full range of interactive services' message. I'm certainly not paying to call the sky customer service team to sort it out :)

mine's not been connected since the day my first box went in years ago

You can also pay an "opt out fee" to Sky or the independant retailer of £25 to not connect the box to the phone line. This was introduced so that Sky could appeal to more people who don't have a landline telephone and thus get them even more subscribers.

Liam

Back