What's the Best British Comedy Series You've Ever Seen?

Best Comedy Series You Have Seen

• Black Adder

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • The Young Ones

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Only Fools and Horses

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Father Ted

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • The Royle Family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Dwarf

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Fawlty Towers

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Spaced

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Rab C Nesbitt

• Steptoe and Son

• Total voters
only fools for me closely followed by faulty towers.
I still watch the repeats of the repeats and always find things to laugh about.

only fools for me but , i love porridge, steptoe and son, the young ones just posting makes me laugh some great moments from these over the years

Too many to choose from. Out of the current batch, outnumbers is VERY close to life.

Also in its day, coupling, bottom, game on and early series of men behaving badly (can you see a trend here, lol)

Re: What's the Best Comedy Series You've Ever Seen?

This was a tough choice, as their are several great programs there. I can't believe nobody has voted for fawlty towers or red dwarf for me they would have been right up there if only fools wasn't on the list.

that was brilliant you should download it if you can find it, you would love uncle andy i'm sure lmao

it's called 'Give my Head Peace' :)

Yes it was funny, but you needed to know the political side of things to appreciate it took the piss out of all politics.

Uncle Andy was based (allegedly lol) on the leader of the UDA...it was hilarious.

Can't believe I forgot Still Game, a good online friend of mine sent me the 1st couple of series and I was hooked

Others that havn't been mentioned are Game on, men behaving badly and father ted.

I was really torn between black adder and only fools and horses but in the end it had to be the peckham masters.

They do not make anything like them anymore, black adder was class. I loved red dwarf, faulty towers, young ones, steptoe and son... you dirty old man (lmao), alf garnet lol... would not get on air anymore lmao rofl.

Mick

Last edited:
Fools & Horses for me, I've got them all lol. I like Bottom as well but that's a different style of humour to Fools. David Jason was perfect as Del.

Funniest line I remember was the Christmas one where Del's about to have his tooth pulled and his last excuse was 'but my brother's out there in the van!' to which the dentist reassures Del about the needle 'just a little prick' to which Del's like 'oh you know him do you' LMAO!

Fools has made me really laugh but Bottom used make me cry with laughing so hard sometimes. Especially the stage shows when Mayall fecks up lol. Hilarious.

I've got every season of every series in the list except for spaced cos I didn't like it. I don't think new stuff is a patch on the older stuff. The younger generation may disagree though.

I voted fools & horses though.

I'm Alan Partridge was good also enjoyed Early Doors.

some 'Mothers do have em' & only fools and horses for me.

classic comedy shame they don't make shows like those anymore.

What about the Office, Extras & Phoenix Nights all quality comedys

Back