whats next - found 2 unsecured networks.

Or if they have file and printer sharing set up you could print how to set up wireless security on their printer...lol

But to be honest it would be a good idea to leave it and speak to your neighbours and see if it is them that have left it unsecured...then tell them what to do to get it sorted...

Or if they have file and printer sharing set up you could print how to set up wireless security on their printer...lol

But to be honest it would be a good idea to leave it and speak to your neighbours and see if it is them that have left it unsecured...then tell them what to do to get it sorted...

Do it dibbers in the interest of security of course

well some one local to me had a cplete open networ

so i set a noitepad fiule to open up at startup saying

"your wirelsess network is not secure i can see all your files i live at ** ************

call me on ************* and ill help you secure it.

better a nice guy like me then a hustler who will steal your information "

got a call 2 days later and £10 for the trouble :)

tho i still have access if my modem goes down ;);)

yup, probably right....i'm amazed that people do not encrypt there networks though....it's the 1st thing that they should do init....

I think sometimes people know they should but maybe too many wireless devices on there network they are not sure how to tie them all in with the security so just leave it

I did one for a mate of mine and every time he hits a slight snag he hits the hard reset button and bang it's unsecured again. Then he's moaning that his connection is slower and can I sort it "that's coz every man and his dog is downloading off your connection pal" is my answer. Does he listen does he flock, some people just wont listen coz mugs like me who has taken the time to understand what wep and wpa mean and how to configure my network. I should just tell him to piss off but he has all his business dealings stored on the pc. Is it my problem? Not really but somewhere in my rather synical mind I still have a little empathy floating around and it's nothing but a bloody bind lol.

tho i still have access if my modem goes down ;);)

lol thats the sorta thing i'd do! when i wait for the bus near my house im in range of a wlan on my ipod touch, saves a bit of boredom from time to time, i would never abuse somebodys network though, most of the time people just dont know how to secure them which is a shame.

Back