What type of cable should I buy?

shanz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to install a new freeview ariel but an not sure of the cable to use. I have a full reel of cctv coax - is this any good or should I buy a more suitable coax?
What Ohm cable should I be looking for?

Cheers

Normal TV coax is fine mate

Normal TV coax is ok but remember the better the cable the better the signal

This looks decent 20m for under £20 free delivery and the brade looks quite good Coaxial Cable - 20m Webro WF100 Single Coaxial Cable - Satellite Dishes | LNB | Dish Pack

Quality All Copper 75ohm coax cable. Use for Digital TV / RF Applications Including TV Aerials, Cable Television and Sat TV Flexible, robust and watertight for DVB satellite and terrestrial digital TV signals and high speed data transfer.

Suitable For

Digital Satellite
Digital Terrestrial TV
Standard & High Definition SKY
Cable Virgin / NTL
Freesat

If it isn't marked Belden Webro, It's Not Genuine WF100 - WC100 - H109 - CT100 – CS100 -

Why buy low Noise 0.1dB or 0.2dB LNB or high definition television and use lower quality 80dB or 90dB cable, get the best - Belden/Webro quality all Copper Double Shielded 100dB coax cable.

Technical Specification

Dual-Copper-Shielded WF100 Coaxial Cable
Copper Inner Conductor: 1.00mm
High quality 75 ohm 100 dB - 20.50 @ 1000MHz
A Copper foil and Copper braided provides 100% shield coverage
The standard for Digital / HD and Cable Television and Satellite Installations
Double screened 75 ohm coaxial Cable
Attenuation (20 °C, = dB/100 m) 1000 MHz: 20.50
High Speed DATA Transfer

Last edited:
Normal TV coax is ok but remember the better the cable the better the signal

that isn't quite right the signal is more important I am watching a "46 samsung 3d tv with an Ariel in the loft and 40 year old 75ohm coax cable and to be honest the picture is as good as the sky hd picture from my satellite set up on all the terrestrial channels

Back