What to get,Ipad 2 or Galaxy tab

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my 40th coming up in 2 weeks so with money from my parents,sister wife etc was thinking of what i could buy and a tablet sprung to mind,trouble is the galaxy tab caught my eye a while back but also from having a 4g ipod touch i know apples machine are also good so thought i would pop on here and see what u lot think :proud: got about £400 to spend

I also want the ipad2, but I will wait a little as the price is going to be silly.

Mick

yes i would recommend the above, but its so good its normally on back order

its just lightning fast and that battery does last as long as they say, it also takes usb/sd/mirco sd

Another vote for transformer. You should be able to pick them up for around £410. Even the big boss who is an apple fan and just picked up the iPad2 wishes she had got the transformer instead now. TBH, with her money I suspect she probably will pick one up in addition to the ipad.

Make your decision on the basis of not encouraging the Apple corporation :Smokin:

Oh god that asus transformer looks the dogs....this is getting harder and harder lol

What is the specs of that transformer, I noticed the IPAD2 has a dual 1ghz A5 chip, can the transformer match that ?

Mick

If it was me, I would go for the iPad 2.

Reason - there is a shedload more apps, and it still the number 1 for application development due to the amount of apple devices out there.

If it was me, I would go for the iPad 2.

Reason - there is a shedload more apps, and it still the number 1 for application development due to the amount of apple devices out there.
if it was me i would stay away from the ipad 2 or any of apple rubbish.

here a question for you who brought out the tablet before apple ( i will give you a hint it was not apple although they say they where the first)

if it was me i would stay away from the ipad 2 or any of apple rubbish.

here a question for you who brought out the tablet before apple ( i will give you a hint it was not apple although they say they where the first)

Doesnt really matter, when apple do it they do it properly :p lol

these days every major company develops apps for apple, makes life alot easier. specially with the icloud now coming

Head to head: Apple iPad 2 vs Asus Eee Pad Transformer - News - Mobile Choice
Doesnt really matter, when apple do it they do it properly :p lol

these days every major company develops apps for apple, makes life alot easier. specially with the icloud now coming
Apple do normally get it right (excluding the dropped calls and the antenna issues with iPhone 4), but at the expense of outdated feature sets.

The reason apps usually appear for iOS first is because it is much more difficult to get on the app store than it is droid's MarketPlace. (Though that's not necessarily a bad thing...) However, that may change once devs see that 500,000 'droid handsets are activated a day.

My Mrs just got the Asus Transformer a couple of weeks ago. she chose it over the ipad2 which she wanted to get.

i had a little go on the asus and found it very quick but like the other person said the sound is low on it.

@oneman any chance you can let me know where i can get the fix for the sound

hi m8 get the ipad2 now th jb is out, installous has loads of apps for ipad (but i do admit to being an apple fan boy)

liking the look of the transformer and reviews are good. Heard the 3g version maybe coming out so not sure whether to wait for this.

Looks like i will be gettin the asus with the docking station . . ;-)

I have a Galaxy Tab and other half's mother has an iPad. iPad has a bigger screen but to be honest I found it too big for a mobile device. Couldn't really get on with iOS either. It works well but I much prefer Android. The screen is fragile on iPads too. Other half's mother dropped hers within a couple of weeks of having it and it now looks like crazy paving. Apple wanted a figure that wasn't far of the price of a new iPad to replace the screen.

Back