Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 v Apple Ipad 2

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone advise me please. Sorry I am not sure if this is in the correct section

I had a Ipad 2 and sold it to get a 32gb model but then saw a Samsung Galaxy Tab 1.0 SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 32GB 10.1 TABLET ~10.1" (0635753493573) | eBay for less money. I currently have a iphone 4, itunes, ipod, apple tv.

Has anyone had any thought on which one they would buy or whick one they currently own.

Thanks in advance

its really just a big iphone so go for the android device, personally better in my eyes anyway, but least you will get the best of both worlds having an iphone and an android tab, iv had a few android tablets and 2 ipads, both 1st and 2nd and they both have good points and bad points... ipad is made to a fantastic standard, it just didnt do it for me, the ios software is to closed down for me, i like to be able to customise things to the way i like and that just wasnt possible with the ipad...

Sorry should have asked. Can I still get all the usual apps to work for free on the Galaxy tab. Like I can when I downloaded them via installous on my apple Jailbroken device?

You can get the Motorola XOOM 32GB for £250 in CPW. It can also run ICS 4.0.3 (currently being rolled out).

I too considered the iPad2, and similar in owning ATV2 and an iPhone decided to go android. Not disappointed.

Last edited:
You can get the Motorola XOOM 32GB for £250 in CPW. It can also run ICS 4.0.3 (currently being rolled out).

I too considered the iPad2, and similar in owning ATV2 and an iPhone decided to go android. Not disappointed.

cheers m8 what is CPW?

Do you own a Xoom?

do you think it would be better than the Samsung?

Carphone Warehouse. You will need to go in store though.

I have the Xoom 32GB Wifi, tried a 7" Galaxy Tab and didn't like it (but to be fair it was last year so was on an earlier version of droid)

Last edited:
Sorry should have asked. Can I still get all the usual apps to work for free on the Galaxy tab. Like I can when I downloaded them via installous on my apple Jailbroken device?

Yes you can mate, plenty ways to do it, google what app you want and add apk on the end will generally always bring back the file your after, pop it on an sd card or internal memory and use a file browser to install such as astro or file explorer.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

Yes you can mate, plenty ways to do it, google what app you want and add apk on the end will generally always bring back the file your after, pop it on an sd card or internal memory and use a file browser to install such as astro or file explorer.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

thanks mate:)

I was toying with the idea of an ipad 2 but after hours of reading i went for the Asus Transformer prime
i preordered it then cancelled it because i read about the so called wifi and gps issues then read that there were none affected in the UK so reordered
and all i can so is im so glad i did it is a superb bit of kit i am well impressed with it you can even play a movie or music from your pc then onto your tv ( well you can on my tv )
i dont know if thats normal for android or not but just think its a cool function.

Cheers m8. I was going to go for the samsung 10.1, i think i will pay a visit to CFW, The price is £379.99 on their web site. Motorola XOOM 2 mobile phone - On Various networks | The Carphone Warehouse Are they clearing stocks in store?

It's the 2 that's listed on their site, the 1 was listed but it was £319, the instore price is £250.00. They still have them as far as I'm aware but stock will be low I imagine, if they don't have them in the specific store ask them to check other stores (luckily I have 4 in close proximity)

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...ervices/Tablets/MOTOROLA-XOOM-with-WiFi-US-EN

If i remember the Galaxy Tab doesn't have a USB (not without an adapter) or Memory Slot.

Last edited:
It's the 2 that's listed on their site, the 1 was listed but it was £319, the instore price is £250.00. They still have them as far as I'm aware but stock will be low I imagine, if they don't have them in the specific store ask them to check other stores (luckily I have 4 in close proximity)

Is yours a xoom 1 or xoom 2?

I need to go to bed as I started on a ipad 2

convinced myself on a galaxy

then you convinced me on xoom

and now i think do i add a little bit more and get a xoom 2 NEW BLACK MOTOROLA XOOM 2 WIFI WI-FI 16GB 10.1" 1.2GHZ DUAL-CORE TABLET PC (6947681511668) | eBay

I know its only got 16gb but I could put a micro sd in it for pennies.

Oh, What to do.........

Somebody tell me please.....lol

Or maybe not now as it seems the xoom 2 was meant to have a micro sd slot but motorola pulled it at the last minute. Dont think I will be able to survive with 16gb :(

Or maybe not now as it seems the xoom 2 was meant to have a micro sd slot but motorola pulled it at the last minute. Dont think I will be able to survive with 16gb :(

Hi mate. Car phone warehouse said it was £329. They said if I knew your last name they could check the system. Nothing straight forward mate. Back to the drawing board for me.

Will dig out the receipt later and post so you can use it as proof.

I also know a colleague bought one about 2 weeks ago.

emailed you surname and store, but for reference:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 20
Back