What Kind Of Antivirus Do You Use

What Antivirus System Do You Use

• Total voters
I use Windows Defender, McAfee Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-Sypware. These 3 software have saved my computer from alot of viruses and spyware. Oh, and its free ;)

I use clamwin portable....no install just update and use.....so it does not slow your pc down with resident checks constantly....

And anti spyware....umm....none....I use my hosts file which has done me proud....

For info on how to use hosts file try here...http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

I've never used an anti-virus.

I think it's just enough to be careful what you install on your pc.

With cookies, I turn them off and use the "ask me every time" feature in Firefox when I have too. This means every time I run SypBot / Ad-Aware / AVG Anti-Spyware they never find anything.

In the 8/9 years that I've been using PC's, I only got worms/viruses about 5 times and this was my own stupid fault of installing files d/loaded from p2p software.

I think for the most part anti-virus s/w is a racket.

I use avg and it's been great, the only problem I get is P2P but I alway do a scan first any problems I get rid of it, it's not worth the hassle.

i use nod32 for antivirus and use comodo as my firewall

Ive been using avast and zone alarm but unfortunately my serial for avast is running out soon. Sure wish i had a working serial so i can keep avast ;)

I've never used an anti-virus.

I think it's just enough to be careful what you install on your pc.

With cookies, I turn them off and use the "ask me every time" feature in Firefox when I have too. This means every time I run SypBot / Ad-Aware / AVG Anti-Spyware they never find anything.

In the 8/9 years that I've been using PC's, I only got worms/viruses about 5 times and this was my own stupid fault of installing files d/loaded from p2p software.

I think for the most part anti-virus s/w is a racket.

i too think much of the av problems are industry generated but i think its a bit head in the sand too think that that u will never get a virus. (especially when all the programs are available for free if u know where to look)

its not all about downloading from dodgy sites either ive been handily passed virus via e-mail from sources i would have thought should have been clean.

still you have made your choice.....

Used Kaspersky until the keys ran out which is one of the best i've ever used and now i'm using trend micro which is a pile of crap it lets everything ring home @ the default settings and had to change the settings to maximum protection.
I'd like some working keys for Kaspersky or even a 6 month trail but i can see myself buying it : shocked2

Last edited:
I use AVG Free, in a recent test in came out well, beat Norton and Mcafee I believe? Was much better than Panda etc.

Check out PC Pro website, there was a recent test of all the common ones. Kaspersky won of course, but AVG was good and beat many commercial products.

And It's free

Convert

Back