What image are you using

nimo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a Vu+Duo clone (v 2 already patched) Kernel 3.11
I was using Vix 2.4 build 151 and 155 but recently it seems newerd image are causing problem and even when I flashed back to vix 2.4 build 151, the box just restarted few times and sometime didnt start at all!

So now I am using Vix 2.3 build 204 and it seems to work better but I do have from time to time a restart or a freeze

Please tell me what you are using

Thanks
Alex

blackhole for me mate, since iv put it on iv not had 1 green screen or restart or anything, runs spot on. clone box too!

me too blackhole...just tried the 1.7.6 version, gave me trouble as epg was showing on some channels , specially movies..
went back to 1.7.5 and all is fine..

was on DWv1.1, then vix 2.4, now BH 1.7.6.

Vix is by far easier to setup and use for a newbie like me, but I must admit after a week of trialling plugins etc for BH, I quite like it, apart from the EPG that won't save on unplugging grrrrrrr

my clone v2 is running fine on vix, crashes are probably down to addons and extra extensions

my clone v2 is running fine on vix, crashes are probably down to addons and extra extensions

What version and build of vix are you running?
Remember that vix 2.4 build higher than 155 have the new drivers

Vix is by far easier to setup and use for a newbie like me, but I must admit after a week of trialling plugins etc for BH, I quite like it, apart from the EPG that won't save on unplugging grrrrrrr

The EPG should save to either your internal hard drive or external USB stick if you have it setup this way, As for the Frontend BH needs to refine this a little but if you use Coolmans guide from the BH servers as your frontend it should look a lot neater.

in epg settings u can change so its reloads on boot up

@digi yeah i kept setting it up to save on my Western Digi drive and apparently theres a fault in the crossepg setup menu, where it keeps thinking your drives aren't mounted so it reverts back to the internal flash by default...ouch!!...so next time i restarted, the epg was gone.
Then I just did like Smirnoff said and forced the reload on boot

@digi yeah i kept setting it up to save on my Western Digi drive and apparently theres a fault in the crossepg setup menu, where it keeps thinking your drives aren't mounted so it reverts back to the internal flash by default...ouch!!...so next time i restarted, the epg was gone.
Then I just did like Smirnoff said and forced the reload on boot

theres a repair file now ,., just search for it l cant remember where , rat posted and l used on my 2 800hd boxes and there fine now , not sure about your box

Last edited:
just read that people with your box have downgradeded back to 0.6 version and it now stays on USB when selected. No more going back to internal flash.
There must have been an issue in 0.6.2

thanks smirnoff, thats what i'm on now 0.6.2, just my luck!!...gonna rollback to 0.6

Well i'm on vix 1.2 and its rock solid does everything i want and never green screens.
If it aint broke don't fix it thats my motto

Im running ViX 2.3 GM on a V2 clone, stable and no issues so I havent bothered changing. I have also tried Vanilla OpenPLI which also worked fine.

B.H.1.7.6 on my vu+uno and VIX 2.3 on a V1 solo clone... both boxs are running without issue(crossepg/coolmans/picons/ect). regards mdt

running on black hole 1.7.4.0 (ultimo)without any problems with lots of extensions

oh btw, I hope you guys seen my other post about Airplayer for the E2
Works great to airplay to t TV :)

Back