what do you do with house spiders ???

Ratts

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
im just wondering cause i got this huge spider patroling my house ...

i never kill them or throw them out unless my mrs sees them and starts screaming, lol and i dont want her to kill them so i take them outside...

the thing is to get that big they must be eating something and what are they eating.

so if you kill them or throw them out what is left crawling around your house :err:

i never kill them or throw them out unless my mrs sees them and starts screaming, lol and i dont want her to kill them so i take them outside...

the thing is to get that big they must be eating something and what are they eating.

so if you kill them or throw them out what is left crawling around your house :err:

Our moggie deals with spiders, flies, daddy long legs, etc. She doesnt eat them just batters them and leaves us to pick up whats left, the missus hates spiders and bugs.

As above one of our three cats will probably kill and eat them,
but I do try to get there first and put them outside :)

They look big but when you see actual body size they really are not that big.

I prefer to leave them, don't worry my kids but mrs does not like them so they end up outside.

I take it your talking about one of these chaps.
House-spider.jpg

If so they eat woodlouse,flies,centipedes,midgies,grubs and mites basically anything they can trap and kill. It's called the Tegenaria duellica or Giant house spider and it's closely related to the funnel web spider. Although it's bite is toxic to it's prey your quite safe, they can be known to cause great alarm due to their speed in fact they where in the guiness book for a while according to the Wiki
I never kill these fellers even when the cheeky bleeders come strolling across the floor like they own the place. They are in fact prolific hunters and that gargantuan sized chap in your house is so big due to it's efficiency at trapping and killing almost anything it can get it's teeth into.

If i see them i leave them if the Mrs sees them they have to go outside humanely of course.

there was one in girls bedroom last night, you should have heard them scream, son grabbed it and put it in garden.

I'm the same as most of You, don't touch them unless they get cheeky and come after my tea. I've always found when you have a large boris in the house you have less flies and bugs in general, as gasman pointed out they seem to be great hunters.

I put em out too and thought I was a big girls blouse for doing so.Glad to see I'm not alone anyway if it wasn't for spiders there'd be all sorts of creepy crawlies about.

I know they keep other pests away but my wife and daughters are terrified by them so I kill them, if you throw them out they will just come back in.

They make a nice crunch sound when you kill them between your finger and thumb.

We dont touch them, just leave them to go about their business. I can't say the same for the cats though. Out of all the creatures that live in your house, a spider isnt the worse thing.

They scare the crap out of me and if I can I trap and remove them

I have. been known to panic and stomp on them though I always feel bad after.

I swear I read somewhere that they can actually bite people since their size has increased and people have been known to react to the bites?

They are so fascinating I like to watch them and pick them up let them crawl. Always take them outside for other folk though that are not able to deal with them rationally. Most folk that are afraid of them I think are so because their mums would scream if she saw one when they kids, damage done for life. But they do keep the bugs down in the house so leave them be if you can.

im absolutely s**t scared of spiders, especially big 1's, lol, so i have to get my lass to deal with them in my house, feel like a right fanny when i have to get her to move them, but its a big fear of mine, if i see 1 in the room i cant just leave it it needs to be killed or thrown outside, horrible things they are!

im absolutely s**t scared of spiders, especially big 1's, lol, so i have to get my lass to deal with them in my house, feel like a right fanny when i have to get her to move them, but its a big fear of mine, if i see 1 in the room i cant just leave it it needs to be killed or thrown outside, horrible things they are!

haha my missus is better with spiders than i am!

if i get all nervy with a spider she'll do it and i do the same with the moths as shes scared of them!. relationships are all about comprimise you see lol :Clap:

We get lots of these

daddysp.jpg

which aren't really a problem. My wife can deal with them..........just.
I bought her a spider vac to catch them and put them outside.

553919.jpg

The bigger ones I'm not too keen on but it's not his fault he's a scary ugly beast so I catch them and bung them outside too.

About a week and half ago I was on my PC, no lights on other than the glow from the monitor and t.v when I felt something brush against my hand that was controlling the mouse. I get that feeling now and then but it's always a phantom. Not this time. It was a sucker just like this

6a00e55294f55d88340133f2ea49bb970b-450wi

Luckily I was drunk and it took a while to register. The spider was more shocked than me. He legged it to the back of my desk and, I kid you not, he bungee jumped off the desk and hid behind the crap that's under my desk. Took me a while to realise what happened but went and got the spider vac. I pulled a box from under the desk to see if anything was there ( it wasn't ). Then, all of a sudden, the cracker ran full pelt towards me and straight into the vac. If only they would all give themselves up so easy.

Took the vac downstairs as the wife had just come home and showed her what had been on my hand.

She freaked :)

lol i pick them up and throw them out cos my daughter is terrified of them. she goes hysterical, i have spent ages searching her bedroom for a spider before cos she refuses to go to bed if she saw one in her room.

a spider vac might be a good idea for her, i usually use a brush and pan if its big, or just pick it up with my hand if its small.

Back