what do you do with house spiders ???

I take it your talking about one of these chaps.
House-spider.jpg

If so they eat woodlouse,flies,centipedes,midgies,grubs and mites basically anything they can trap and kill. It's called the Tegenaria duellica or Giant house spider and it's closely related to the funnel web spider. Although it's bite is toxic to it's prey your quite safe, they can be known to cause great alarm due to their speed in fact they where in the guiness book for a while according to the Wiki
I never kill these fellers even when the cheeky bleeders come strolling across the floor like they own the place. They are in fact prolific hunters and that gargantuan sized chap in your house is so big due to it's efficiency at trapping and killing almost anything it can get it's teeth into.

i get loads of these, the kids tease them, and if you annoy them enough, they will jump at you. not long ago i got bitten by one on the side of my knee, and it swelled up like a baloon for about 3 days, so now i dont let the kids tease them any more, and i stomp them flat

I pick a shoe up and smack em dead, bloody terrify me

Even looking at those things fills me with anxiety.

I think I've broken into a sweat just looking at those pictures.

lol

I put them outside also catch them in the bug catcher I bought from Betterware a door to door catalogue company very successful and humane in operation.
Always have one in the bathroom though and that's where it stays as the window is always open and the flies come in at night if the light on.

Leave alone unless the Mrs or the kids see em and start running round the house screaming and the like :

then pretend to throw em out, put just stick em in a corner out the way lol

@manx

Back