• 10mb to 20mb Down 1.5mb to 2mb Up

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • More than 20mb Down (U Lucky *******)

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters

Hejira

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done before I'd be interested in actual Up n Down speeds you get from your ISP.

I've just move from Being a long time Demon Customer where I got 1mb Up n 6.5mb Down decided to change mainly customer service but cost a factor to and with the hope I'd get a speed increase as my line should get @ least 12mb Down.

I'm currently having issues with O2 line speed (Engineer due Tomorrow) I'm only getting .7 Up n 1.5 Down. It's seem crazy that down the same run of cable there can be such a diff.

Anyway I digress while running tests I got these speeds and wondered if they could be beaten?

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/atta...heapest-internet-phone-provider-o2-speeds.jpg

Stolen Virgin 20Mb connection.

2.4MB/s Down.

750k Up.

Looking at your numbers, I think you are talking in Megabits per second and not Megabytes?

Or were you really getting 6.5 MB download? lol

Last edited:
Stolen UPC Ireland.

20Mb Down 1.5Mb Up

Whih is being upped to 30Mb/3Mb in January :proud:

Stolen UPC Ireland.

20Mb Down 1.5Mb Up

Whih is being upped to 30Mb/3Mb in January :proud:

U Lucky Fcuker!! I bet you still moan it's slow. lol

Does anyone pay?

I can't believe neither of you passed comment on my speeds (716,478,032 kbps Up / 8,655,376 kbps Down) what's that in Mb?

Last edited:
stolen 20mb from VM - aint working just now pain in teh right testicle

2mb subbed from VM

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I pay for a 10 meg connection with virgin. Just done a speed test and its @ 9.83 meg so im happy with that.

paying for 50mb from virgin getting about 47mb but this is on cable ,i think for adsl you take a lucky dip on what speeds you will get which i feel is unfair

paying for 8 getting 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i told BT to shove their crap service wher the sun don't shine.
I was paying for 8 ang getting 1.5 on a good day.
They blamed the line & the distance from my exchange ( about 2.5 miles).
Now i get about 6 and paying for 8 with O2.
Same line, same distance from exchange, just better LLU equipment and ISP.
Enough said!

Paying for 50mb from virgin getting 50mb when downloading from newsgroups as for torrents depends on seeder and leecher ratio..i also get 1.5Mb Upload i wish the upload would a bit higher though :Cheers:

I have 10meg forced upto to 50meg providing rates not below 5000KB's about 35Mbits Upload about 1.5.. This on Media Entertainment PC.

Also 20Mbit Providing not less than 2400KB's This is on backup router, for home network.

Also 10Mbit Providing usual Speed of 10Mbit when tested - i just use this for dreambox and xbox lol..

when all are running they all reach full speed surprisingly..

total bandwidth available

Downstream : 8600KB's = 67.1875Mbits per second

Upstream : 384KB's app = 3Mbits per second (not that i upload fook all lol)

Best International Ping - 42m/s :pimp:

Oh i also have a mobile BB feeds and I only just did away with the ADSL lol

Paying for 10meg, getting 10meg. Up speeds are shite @ 784k or whatever it is.

I looked into adding a couple of modems, even got as far as getting a couple of 4200's but I never bothered to follow any of it through. Couldn't be arsed with it all. Might look again at it though, one day.

I have 10meg forced upto to 50meg providing rates not below 5000KB's about 35Mbits Upload about 1.5.. This on Media Entertainment PC.

Also 20Mbit Providing not less than 2400KB's This is on backup router, for home network.

Also 10Mbit Providing usual Speed of 10Mbit when tested - i just use this for dreambox and xbox lol..

when all are running they all reach full speed surprisingly..

total bandwidth available

Downstream : 8600KB's = 67.1875Mbits per second

Upstream : 384KB's app = 3Mbits per second (not that i upload fook all lol)

Best International Ping - 42m/s :pimp:

Where are you, who is your provider and what modem are you using?

I'm so jealous! :)

I get 5mb off BT for free. And I can get 10mb off virmin, also for free. Cant find any 20mb's. lol.

Back