Virgin Media to double the speed of customer broadband

But 100mb will allow you to download around 10mbps which is easy for a sata hdd to cope With :)

Bits n bytes people :)

Customer News <<< above is a link

this is all i see m8 no post code checker at all.

Speed upgrade for all Virgin Broadband customers

Here’s some brilliant news for everyone who’s signed up to our fibre optic broadband: in one of our most ambitious projects ever, we’re going to be giving you all a speed boost!

If you’re currently on up to 10Mb, up to 30Mb or up to 50Mb broadband, we’ll double your speed. If you’re on up to 20Mb you’ll be tripled. And for those on Broadband 100, we’ll be boosting you up to a mighty 120Mb – a new benchmark as the UK’s fastest widely available broadband.

We want to make sure that Virgin Broadband stays the fastest in the UK, so that our customers can enjoy exciting online services like streaming HD movies and online gaming to the full.

From February 2012, our engineers will be working up and down the country, upgrading our fibre optic network area by area. It’s a massive job that will take up to 18 months to complete.

There’s no need to take any action for the time being. We’ll be in touch soon about when you can expect your area to be upgraded.

link is working fine

Good news. We'll be coming to your area between Jul - Dec 2012. You don't need to do anything right now and there's no need to contact us
We'll be in touch closer to the time to let you know exactly when your speed will be doubled.

do not have to be login to anything

Maybe it's because I'm browsing on my phone but there's no link for me either

For those who are on 100mb do you ever download faster than your hdd can write? Seen this problem with newsleecher on sata2 drives. 120mb will be great for those with sata3 drives but otherwise you wont get to enjoy the full speed.

120mb = 12MB/sec. Even the slowest hard drive should be able to keep up with that.

AFAIK I can see there are no dates yes. Roll out to start in Feb and will take 18 months to complete. Knowing my luck if its anything like 100mb and upload increase roll outs I will be towards the end of the list

Yip link works fine on Google....Feb-Mar 2012 i only just got my upload speed upgrade,thought i might have a long wait again

i think uddingston region is scheduled for july - december uh well as jonny logan said "whats another year"

Back