Virgin Media to double the speed of customer broadband

July for me also, not bad. im looking forward to it.

how are you guys getting exact months, all mine said was july onwards, lol, im currently on the 20meg still me as they tried to upgrade me to 30meg but i refused because of the superdud, they sent me 1 out anyway like still in the cupboard brand new!

got email from virmin and they said
'' But, because you already get our fastest broadband, we're upgrading you to up to 120Mb and giving you a discount instead.''
that will be good seeing as how i only pay for 20 meg hahahahaha

got email from virmin and they said
'' But, because you already get our fastest broadband, we're upgrading you to up to 120Mb and giving you a discount instead.''
that will be good seeing as how i only pay for 20 meg hahahahaha
Must be standard letter as I only have 10mb and got same email just now.

The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van

Ten hours later...

The parcel is in the Depot

:(

my speed as been set at 110mb on the modem

Primary Downstream Service Flow
Downstream(0)
SFID 394
Max Traffic Rate 110000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 10000 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID 393
Max Traffic Rate 10250000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 16320 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 16320 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

nothing worked in explorer for me so tryed it in firefox march april in west yorkshire

I had an email this morning that said

You're already getting the UK's fastest widely available broadband, and starting this summer we'll be starting the roll-out to boost your speeds from up to 100Mb to up to 120Mb. We'll also be lowering the price of your broadband package in April to match the price of our 50Mb Broadband XXL packages.

I'm not complaining but it doesn't seem fair to the people already on 50mb, and could potentially lead to some complaints.

Essentially in April I will be paying the same for my 100mb as someone on 50mb who will be upgraded to 100mb but then i'll be upgraded to 120mb keeping the same price as they will be paying for 100mb.

Just done a test.

1706616818.png

Last edited:
I also got the email saying your are currently on 100 and getting upgraded to 120, got an email this morning saying it was an error as I am on 50 mb at the moment.

Does this mean I will be getting a pay decrease as said above I will be complaint if I am paying the same as someone on 120 mb.

After reading this post I thought mmm ok sounds good I am on 10 meg ...erm in reality 5 meg got an email from vm saying I am going up to 120 meg............. bring it on, cant wait........ hang on, got a second email from vm saying sorry we fooked up you are getting fook all please disregard this e mail ......... one word muppets

I had an email this morning that said

I'm not complaining but it doesn't seem fair to the people already on 50mb, and could potentially lead to some complaints.

Essentially in April I will be paying the same for my 100mb as someone on 50mb who will be upgraded to 100mb but then i'll be upgraded to 120mb keeping the same price as they will be paying for 100mb.

Just done a test.

1706616818.png
I've been a 50mb subscriber for a long time Captin and I have no problem with you getting an extra 20mb for the same price as me.
After all, you have paid extra to have your 100mb since your install. Was there not an installation fee as well?

Obviously there are people who will never be satisfied and will complain. But, we are getting our speed doubled at no extra cost.
I'm more than happy:banana:
Perhaps we should have a poll

After reading this post I thought mmm ok sounds good I am on 10 meg ...erm in reality 5 meg got an email from vm saying I am going up to 120 meg............. bring it on, cant wait........ hang on, got a second email from vm saying sorry we fooked up you are getting fook all please disregard this e mail ......... one word muppets

i go the same m8, im just going to take it as it come's

I got the same emails as you all, but vermin are worried about 2 things, BT's roll out of high speed internet, and the fact that in 18 months time with the roll out of 4g how many people will drop a fixed connection alltogether? Read an article on bbc news earilier this week and its surprising how many vermin customers actually don't buy vermins optic broardband now let alone when theres other choices available, I say bring it on.

i got a letter from virgin saying i will also be getting the "other 20mb" in the summer,on top of my double up,is that right,has anybody else received this letter ? i will be well happy if im getting a double dunt !

Back