What Android Boxes

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

have been using a Firestick 4k but what with Amazon blocking launchers now, was wondering what other boxes people are using please?

I use any s905 box with a Android TV rom on it.

Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb with Slingbox rom not sure these are still available but there are other s905 box that can run the slingbox roms.

launchers are still working fine on firesticks
They are but you got to start the launcher everytime you reboot or press the home key, not good for the oldies, lol

I use any s905 box with a Android TV rom on it.

Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb with Slingbox rom not sure these are still available but there are other s905 box that can run the slingbox roms.
Where do you get your Android TV rom from please?

Good day all, Its been a while since I've been out of the scene around IPTV etc, and I have been using BayIPTV on my SamsungTV, but honestly it sucks and the app on my phone i want to use, doesnt work on the TV as its paid (and they wont let you take payments stupidly). XCIPTV.

I can't get an app suitable on my TV, or one at least where the navigation isn't terrible so was looking to an Android Box (S905), but wanted with Android 11 if possible. Do people have any recommendations here?

I was looking at this, but no real idea if its any good.

Also:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8V8D21W

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098DY737L

But I dont' know how the chipsets compared

Last edited:
Have you asked your iptv provider for your login details so you can login into an app of your choice. You could use the IPTV smarters pro app on your Samsung TV but you will need an URL from your provider. Seems pointless buying a device if you are only going to use it for IPTV tbh.

You need the right person wink wink

Yes they do, they are just being knobheads :rolleyes:
What app do you use currenty? xciptv? smarters is just the same
I'm using BayIPTV, its fast, but the interface is awful to navigate. I really like XCIPTV and it works flawless on my android phone, but on the TV it wants you to pay. The issue is when you go to the website to do so, PayPal is the only payment and apparently there was a past issue with IPTV providers/streaming apps where they got cut off

Its not the only reason though for the box though, I was planning on using it on another TV that doesn't support Disney+

would maybe help all if you state all the needs you require

I'm using BayIPTV, its fast, but the interface is awful to navigate. I really like XCIPTV and it works flawless on my android phone, but on the TV it wants you to pay. The issue is when you go to the website to do so, PayPal is the only payment and apparently there was a past issue with IPTV providers/streaming apps where they got cut off

Its not the only reason though for the box though, I was planning on using it on another TV that doesn't support Disney+
Do you need Disney+ in 4k

Back