DVB - PC Cards Watch NTL on PC ..

Just a quick question, I am guessing that there is no talk back on DVB-C cards

OK know this would happen - I only get 2% signal if the cable is plugged in or not, cables are fine as they work with my Dreambox fine.

Any Ideas?

Could it be a faulty card?

what application are you trying it with ?
Try it with the APP that came with the card and mak sure you can get the FTA chans. Also have you split the feed again or have u plugged it into your dreambox feed - if you have split it - then try it where your dreambox works

Last edited:
TwinhanDTV - its the software that cam with the card, just wanted to get the FTA channels going first

Is this the twinhan card? If it is make sure you get the latest BDA drivers from the twinhan website. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I had the same problem with the WDM drivers.

Yep its the Twinham card will have a go with the drivers

Thanks

OK know this would happen - I only get 2% signal if the cable is plugged in or not, cables are fine as they work with my Dreambox fine.

Any Ideas?

Could it be a faulty card?

Are yo actually tuning to a transponder frequency ?

Start with your default frequency, you should see a decent signal level.

You'll also need to set up the symbol rate and qam mode for your area (Usually 6.952Msym/sec for TW/C&W, 6.887Msym/sec for NTL. Usually QAM64 but some moving to QAM256)

For other frequencies for you area a good bet is to get hold of the dbox channel files.

The drivers that come with the card should work fine, at least initially !

Last edited:
Just thought of something else as well. I had to manually put in the right bands and frequencies to scan. So for telepest i had to change the default 6900 to 6952 and put in the frequency I wanted to scan - I got these from the services file of my dbox.

Are yo actually tuning to a transponder frequency ?

Start with your default frequency, you should see a decent signal level.

You'll also need to set up the symbol rate and qam mode for your area (Usually 6.952Msym/sec for TW/C&W, 6.887Msym/sec for NTL. Usually QAM64 but some moving to QAM256)

For other frequencies for you area a good bet is to get hold of the dbox channel files.

Ah no.

I tried a universal scan which I thought tried everything but got nothing.

I'm ex c+w so what would be my default frequency?

Cheers for the help by the way guys

Nozzer beat me to it :) You could try getting a frequency from your dreambox services file. Not sure what default frequency is tbh.

Cheers guys took the card out and reinstalled it, now getting a full signal.

good news. Bear in mind if you want to use it with my theatre or progdvb you'll need the BDA drivers though.

good news. Bear in mind if you want to use it with my theatre or progdvb you'll need the BDA drivers though.

Can't seem to install BDA drivers gone to there site downloaded BDA driver for 2033 v1.030 and when I try to install on "TheSetup32" it say device not found.

Maybe trying the wrong drivers if someone could post them here I would be gratefull

The ones i used are on this page:

http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp

I used the drivers from where it says 'Auto install for latest drivers' under the BDA section. This downloads all the BDA drivers for all twinhan cards so is quite big, 32 megs or so. The setup.exe in there worked fine for me.

I thought the 2033 was the right model though ....

If your running with XP then stick with the WDM drivers for now - you'll probably find more 3rd party apps compatible with these than any BDA drivers.

tbh, the only time I would consider BDA drivers is in Windows MCE. I've found them more of a hinderance in XP or other operating systems.

The versions of MyTheatre/ProgDVB I was using (didn't use em for long as I personally though these apps were pretty crap !) worked fine with the WDM drivers

hi, many thanks to garlicbread for the plugins folder, been struggling with fenrir for about a week.

Another app that also supports twinhan is dvbdream, similar too but in my oppinion better than progdvb, only bugbear is the standard epg.

oh yeah, media portal works with a filter add on, i have got the file somewhere and it does work but it kills media centre (i use that for dvb-t) and they don't give an option to keep eh services running,i remember when i first tried it and it wouldn't run due to media center locking the card, it seems as though they fixed that but broke something else!

Last edited:
tbh, the only time I would consider BDA drivers is in Windows MCE. I've found them more of a hinderance in XP or other operating systems.

My theatre doesn't work very well with this card's native driver and progdvb didn't recognise it.

Saar recommended the BDA drivers and they work much better.

Back