Washing machine not heating the water

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a Beko WTG1041B4W and haven't been happy with the results for a long time. Was sat in the sun the other day while the machine was on so decided to feel the water while it was draining only to find it was cold.
Decided to have a look at it today expecting either an open circuit element or sensor. I was shocked when I removed it. Doesn't look as if this element has ever worked. The crazy thing is I have had it for nearly 3 years 😂 Element looks brand new ffs. Both the element and sensor tested ok.

This morphine is good stuff. Been washing my clothes in cold water for 3 years without noticing 😂 😂 😂

Element.jpg

Was sat in the sun the other day while the machine was on so decided to feel the water while it was draining only to find it was cold.

I am a now actually wondering after 3 years why you decided to see if your Y-fronts were being cleaned properly..

Jezzzz i need to get a life 😂

I am a now actually wondering after 3 years why you decided to see if your Y-fronts were being cleaned properly..

Jezzzz i need to get a life 😂
I've been doing the inside out underpants hack for a number of years now. Only recently noticed I was having to do it every week instead of once a fortnight. ;)

Chookey explained it in his following post, he had turned his kecks inside out after a fortnight and so getting a month's wear per pair ( I reckon he was also turning them back to front as well to get a couple of weeks more wear out of them ! ). It must of been a real downer when he had to turn them inside out every week and only get a fortnight's wear out of them.
He tried "commando" but that meant having to wash his jeans every fortnight because they couldn't be turned back to front.

Chookey explained it in his following post, he had turned his kecks inside out after a fortnight and so getting a month's wear per pair ( I reckon he was also turning them back to front as well to get a couple of weeks more wear out of them ! ). It must of been a real downer when he had to turn them inside out every week and only get a fortnight's wear out of them.
He tried "commando" but that meant having to wash his jeans every fortnight because they couldn't be turned back to front.
Aah!!
A fellow Tier 1 operator I see.
You got it in 1 mate, inside out, back to front. Full coverage with not an inch of cloth not used to maximum effect.

Turns out it's my laundry skills that need upgrading and not the machine. I rarely wear anything but shorts and a vest in home which gets chucked in the washer at night. After about 3 days of this I would put the machine on a quick wash @ 30°C. I have a feeding tube which results in slight staining and obviously 30° isn't cutting it.
I've just ran a test to make sure it was working properly but upped the temperature to 40°C. Reading voltage across the element and when energised was drawing a healthy 8.5A. Was energised a good 5 minutes before the sensor kicked in. Light staining was still present but I could feel the waste pipe was nice and hot. :D

washer.jpg

I know what makes it tick but ain't got a clue how to use them, lol.
Daily quick/ super short sounded just right to me.

Back