Want to try DVBViewer, DVB-C and DVB-S....

simeonipicker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Been using MediaPortal for a while and it's not bad. I want to give DVBViewer a go.

Have bought it and tried setting it up for DVB-C and DVB-S.

In media portal I have the telewest transponder to scan for DVB-C but in DVBViewer I don't have it, what transponder file do I download and where can I get it?

I have tried googling it and searching, but dvbviewer seems a lot more complicated to set up.

Cheers

Just grab the TW transponders file from MP and convert it to DVBviewer format. It needs to go in Transponders in the configuration folder, not the install folder. In there, you can open the other transponder files and see the required syntax.

If you don't know how to do it, upload the MP file, and I can convert it for you. I just don't have an installed copy to grab it from myself.

copy these for xp to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer.\Transponders

3 files there brute, 6887 & 6952

Thanks great, I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Where do I install Vplug and mdapi for DVBviewer?

Cheers

not sure what mdapi is but vplug 2.4.2 is an exe which you install to
plugins folder in dvbviewer program folder

not sure what mdapi is but vplug 2.4.2 is an exe which you install to
plugins folder in dvbviewer program folder
It's scanning now ;-)

I'll see if it's all ok when done.

Edit: Well it seems to get halfway through the scan then DVB Viewer just disappears!!!

What is going on! lol

Last edited:
It's scanning now ;-)

I'll see if it's all ok when done.

Edit: Well it seems to get halfway through the scan then DVB Viewer just disappears!!!

What is going on! lol

got the same problem here too, with DVBviewer. also there few channels missing, am using the file 6887 posted here. I dont have any problems with ProgDVB

am running on Windows XP sp3

strange as im running xp sp3 V4.1.1.1 runs fine and scans good too. all channels picked up too. i normally bruteforce scan.

Right back on track :)

Looking to go with DVB Viewer as media portal is shocking when it comes to recording bugs.

Everything installed channelss scanned, installed vplug with latest vkeys in the the plugins folder in program data not program files. But I'm not sure what to do now?

Cheers

Everything installed channelss scanned, installed vplug with latest vkeys in the the plugins folder in program data not program files. But I'm not sure what to do now?
Vplug goes in the installation folder, not the configuration folder. So it's usually Program Files\DVBViewer\Plugins.

Ah thanks senor. That fixed it :)

First thing I notice. Channel change is so much quicker than media portal :)

Feels a lot more like a sky now which I like :)

Back