Want to learn to make fun flash!

Could I have this tut aswell please m8, I should be able to do this myself by now.
Thanks all.....Rascals99

i would interested in this tut , ive been reading as much as i can but im a bit slow . the more help the better .

i am also more then happy in learn so if you please, may i also have a copy of the tut

Hi

If some people want to pm with their email addys I`l forward then the files "dont do it itl hurt" emailed me, that way hes not getting inundated with requests and can share it out a bit.

Regards

Is there a tutorial for this ?

There maybe something to guide you through assembling the various source codes but I doubt if it will teach you about actually diagnosing and fixing problems.

That would be a hell of a document if it existed !

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

thats all im interested in really, as i did some coding at uni a few years back. So it's either would jog some brain cells or it won't

Could I please have this tut also. I've long been interested in this stuff but, could never find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Rigsby.

stuntguys faq might give people a understanding on things is it ok to put in downloads ext link ?

I think i already posted stuntguys faq with no problems mate ,so i guess it would be ok to put it in the download section

What is the actual technical problem with the Funs and Attys? Is it to do with hardware and timing? If that's the case, then wouldn't it be to the insufficient processing power of these cards that is the problem and not the Flash code?

What is the actual technical problem with the Funs and Attys? Is it to do with hardware and timing? If that's the case, then wouldn't it be to the insufficient processing power of these cards that is the problem and not the Flash code?

good question really!! but the answer is no!

the flash has to be changed, not by much but has to be!

the best thing to think about with this problem is:
why did the cards work ok on the 3.6 aqnd not the 3.7?
well the 3.6 software sent the card some info and waited for a responce, lets say (and this is not the real time) 40 cycles, if it did not get a responce from the card for some reason it would wait just a bit longer and then pop! the responce that the box was waiting for came..
but in the 3.7 software the box sends the card some info (same as 3.6) and waits for a responce lets just say 40 cycles again, and when it did not get the responce the box does a resend of the information again and then waits, it does not do what the 3.6 did and wait that bit longer, so the 3.7 would keep resending the command to the card and not getting the responce so in the end would just stop..(this is the easyest way i can put it)

so really you have to change the flash to make sure it responds to the box in the correct time. there are more than 1 ways to do this. some have done the ICP way, which i think is the hardest way but problery the best and then there are other ways..

also if you are doing it for the fun you are going to have to do the new keyroll as well as its not set up in prune.asm or grape.asm but its in the redneck.asm but thats for atmega cards, but can be used to do the prune/grape.asm.
i would say fix the fun or atmega first then try the keyroll 8 for the fun card after, if you do the atmega then the keyroll is already done so you dont have to do it!

you are going to need to learn some info on AVR source code, to get a better understanding but that is good as you have a project to do while reading so you can put what you read into practice.

here are some links i have collected see if they will help but google is good!
Code:
Code:

that is but a few thats out there i am sure people have others!
also AVR studio is a good thing to download and its free, then you can compile your own project with the files from the .asm, and look and make your flash with it.

hope that helps a bit

MB

i glad someone cleared up somethink that was bugging me after reading stuff and looking over files last nite and this morning.

i noticed that on the 3.7 update file, this is repeated

21 C1 01 ; FE 1F
12 E1 01 ; FE 0C

21 00 08 ; A0 CA 00 00 02 C0 00 06 87
12 00 08 ; B0 04 08 03 00 00 90 00 35

21 C1 01 ; FE 1F
12 E1 01 ; FE 0C

does it a few times, and from what i have read it's asking for info which makes sense as it does it a few times before failing as the information doesn't get sent. in the 3.6 it did send, so worked.
So im guessing if you had both files you could change them a bit and add the code that worked in 3.6 and included it within 3.7.
As i say im just skinning over stuff at the moment

does anyone know where i can get the prune.asm, grape.asm and redneck.asm files?

i glad someone cleared up somethink that was bugging me after reading stuff and looking over files last nite and this morning.

i noticed that on the 3.7 update file, this is repeated

21 C1 01 ; FE 1F
12 E1 01 ; FE 0C

21 00 08 ; A0 CA 00 00 02 C0 00 06 87
12 00 08 ; B0 04 08 03 00 00 90 00 35

21 C1 01 ; FE 1F
12 E1 01 ; FE 0C

does it a few times, and from what i have read it's asking for info which makes sense as it does it a few times before failing as the information doesn't get sent. in the 3.6 it did send, so worked.
So im guessing if you had both files you could change them a bit and add the code that worked in 3.6 and included it within 3.7.
As i say im just skinning over stuff at the moment

thats right from the logs, and really thats all you need to know from the logs as well !
there is not 2 files thow, its just the 1 flash file, the same 1 as 3.6 it just has to be modded for the 3.7. this is because the 3.6 has a timing issue that was there before 3.7 was out but did not matter. they have just tighted up the timing thats all..

MB

so it's more or less changing the response time (cycles) in which the code is asked so that the responce goes back to the card. instead of it failing like it is on 3.7

so it's more or less changing the response time (cycles) in which the code is asked so that the responce goes back to the card. instead of it failing like it is on 3.7

yes, but not the so the respone goes back to the card, its so the responce goes back to the box, am sure u meant that just a typo error..lol

you will have to open the .asm in wordpad or notepad and look at it in there, look for were you could change things to get the correct or as near as timing right. have a read of some AVR source info also the stunt guys faq so you know what the timings should be and were, and also what they are doing. you will need to get some basic knoledge of the code so u know what your changing/looking at. but as you have the .asm open you can look between the info and the .asm so u can see what is what, this does help alot.

MB

Back