Vu Solo - compared to BM7000S and Vu Duo

bigdaz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have a Solo which I have to say is fantastic - however will be giving to my friend to use as they want a box already set up

Im considering getting a Duo due to the fact you can get internal hdd and record multiple programs at once, however the price is expensive but been hearing the bm7000 is pretty good at a lower price

What I need is multiple recording, and a great hd pic with a epg which shows detailed now and next.

Suggestions?

I am new to the forum but moving house and I have been recommended to get a spiderbox or vu+ instead of installing sky???

Still not a clue of how it all works....is it possible if you can help or point me in the right direction...????

Cheers much appreciated

doranuab

only advice i can give is if you are a total novice then i would sugest going the spiderbox way as its a simpler box to set up,if however you are experienced with linux receivers,then go for a vu,which particular one you get is down to your budget.also do a lot of reading,there is lots of info on here,when you have read the info,and are not sure there will be lots of help given,believe me i know

Last edited:
im gonna go for the duo, managed to get a deal with fully setup clone for £225 so just need to add my cline :)

seems like a great deal to me

im gonna go for the duo, managed to get a deal with fully setup clone for £225 so just need to add my cline :)

seems like a great deal to me

what do you mean by fully set up? as vu+duo clones are £165 so whats the extra £60 for? regards mdt

only advice i can give is if you are a total novice then i would sugest going the spiderbox way as its a simpler box to set up,if however you are experienced with linux receivers,then go for a vu,which particular one you get is down to your budget.also do a lot of reading,there is lots of info on here,when you have read the info,and are not sure there will be lots of help given,believe me i know

if anyone is thinking of getting a spiderbox then add 50 euro,s for the iks membership as ethernet has folded... unless the new spiderboxs are coming with the iks service inbuilt? imho if you want a gift style box then get a protek,regards mdt

what do you mean by fully set up? as vu+duo clones are £165 so whats the extra £60 for? regards mdt

well its not coming from china so has uk delivery and a free gift for 6 months, i realise its cheaper to order from china though

Since this IKS pa lava i have been to a couple of retailers i use and asked about spiderbox sales and word has spread quick and sales seem to have slowed down, Not surprising really when you consider that cheaper receivers are available and when sorted with a gift of there own you still have enough cash left over to get another one.

well its not coming from china so has uk delivery and a free gift for 6 months, i realise its cheaper to order from china though

fair enough but as you said "all i have to do is add my c-line" then i took it to have no gift installed,regards mdt

Back