vu+ solo.....are there clones?

demannar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, pls can anyone confirm if there are good clones for the solo?
I didn't believe there are clones until a friend showed me one.....how can u know a good cloned solo?
Thanks

There made by Ferrari lost have had trouble others have not, for the price difference I would go with a original model, and I love my clone but not from that team.

the openbox s6000hd is vusolo clone some people say its a good box for £65

i disagree, the VU+ solo clone is ok imo and the 4 i have bought have been fine and run without problems. its the duo clones from ferrari that have had all manner of problems with the psu ect but as always if you can afford an original then go for one as its always a gamble when buying from PRC due to inferior components and cost of returns. regards mdt

I have a Ferarri Duo V2 clone with an upgraded V3 security module which runs fine on latest original images. No PSU issues, the original fan was a bit loud so I swapped it with a more silent fan. I run a 2.5" 500Gb internal drive and a fixed dish on this reciever though, the PSU's have been known to not handle the additional draw of a 3.5" drive or motorised dishes very well.
In fact the Duo clone is more stable than my 800SE clone in terms of the number of crashes, but thats probably because I experiment more on the 800SE, the Duo is the main viewing box in the house used by family etc. I setup a Ferarri Duo V3 clone a couple of weeks ago that a work colleague purchased direct from China, that is also working fine out of the box with the latest VIX image it was already running the latest v3.2 firmware so no need to upgrade. I think he paid around £160 delivered.

I have a VU Solo and duo, both clones and i don't recopmmend them. the Solo won't flash and the Duo needed its PSU changed. The DM800se clone is a great box though.

Finally got the solo to flash. Had to try about 10 different USB's. The one that worked formatted in FAT16 incase anyone has the same problem.

You'll find original boxes are very fussy with USB drives as well so your issue wasn't a clone specific issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How true is that ive 5 usb stick a cheapo no name and a dog slow Kingston are the only 2 that would flash my old Duo

Strangely they will all flash my Duo2

I've been OK with sandisk and Kingston data traveller drives. 4 gig and below seem to work better. Had issues with a couple of noname drives.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back