Singer Joe Fagin (Auf Wiedersehen Pet) has died aged 83

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Singer Joe Fagin has died aged 83 as his Auf Wiedersehen Pet co-stars have been left devastated.

Sharing the news on their social media account, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, said: "Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time. Thank you so much for the memories Joe!" The pop singer-songwriter was best known for his hit Breakin' Away / That's Livin' Alright. He also sung a version of As Time Goes By for the 1990s BBC comedy series of the same name starring Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer.

Joe's Breakin' Away / That's Livin' Alright hit was used as the Auf Wiedersehen, Pet opening and closing theme tune and was repeated on Channel 4 in 1996 as a re-release. Fans reacted to the news on social media as one said: "So sad such a shock, love & thoughts for his family & loved ones, RIP." Another added: "Very sad loss. Thoughts are with his family. I still have the single which I bought when I was in school. So many very found memories of a Friday night watching this classic & singing to the opening & closing titles."

Read HERE

RIP Joe Fagin

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Back