VU+ SOLO 2 27.5 w setting up with Horizon meter help please

have you got this script in /etc/init.d

script name softcam.oscam_ymod

i use the same script and mine is ok

or did i put the cccam/oscam-ymod script in yours ?

Last edited:
If i just do a normal shutdown it's OK but when i shut down to deep sleep and come back that is when it doesn't fire up till i tell it too....

I am also having a lot of trouble with record i have twin LNB'S both set to 27.5 but i cannot record anything as when i start to it does not switch to the other LNB to view..if does record anything it freezes after maybe 2 or 3 min's and the occasional crashing as well. I am thinking of doing a full factory reset and re installing the opi img. but having checked the manual (a rare thing LOL) i cannot see if you do one it interferes with all the stuff i have on the hard drive.. Does it just erase the firmware and leave everything else as is or does it erase everything..??

I am also having a lot of trouble with record i have twin LNB'S both set to 27.5 but i cannot record anything as when i start to it does not switch to the other LNB to view..if does record anything it freezes after maybe 2 or 3 min's and the occasional crashing as well. I am thinking of doing a full factory reset and re installing the opi img. but having checked the manual (a rare thing LOL) i cannot see if you do one it interferes with all the stuff i have on the hard drive.. Does it just erase the firmware and leave everything else as is or does it erase everything..??

What exactly is your tuner set up.
I don't get why you have tuners set up at 27.5..are you in the uk?..

No i live in Spain and have my Solo2 tuned to 27.5w both internal tuners are set to the same sat and i should be able to record on one and move to other channels with the other one as i normally would but for some reason this is not happening....

No i live in Spain and have my Solo2 tuned to 27.5w both internal tuners are set to the same sat and i should be able to record on one and move to other channels with the other one as i normally would but for some reason this is not happening....

Then are you not out the footprint for any uk channels.?

Then both tuners A and B need to be set to simple,single,27.5. For static feed.

Then are you not out the footprint for any uk channels.?

Then both tuners A and B need to be set to simple,single,27.5. For static feed.
No not able to receive freesat now since the sat changes.
Yep that's what they are set at which is why i don't understand why it wont record correctly as i said i would like to do a factory reset and put the Img on again as a clean install but cannot find out if when i do a factory reset that it doesn't mess with the films etc i have on there..

No not able to receive freesat now since the sat changes.
Yep that's what they are set at which is why i don't understand why it wont record correctly as i said i would like to do a factory reset and put the Img on again as a clean install but cannot find out if when i do a factory reset that it doesn't mess with the films etc i have on there..

Install latest Vix image if you have a genuine box..Right make sure tuners are set as I posted before both need to be single/simple/what ever sat you want.
Flashing new image will not effect any recordings or files on HD.

Can 27.5w be received in the uk? I read lots of posts about it but the last time i swung my dish around to there I had not signal?

Can 27.5w be received in the uk? I read lots of posts about it but the last time i swung my dish around to there I had not signal?

I guess so if you have a big enough dish..1m plus....this chaps in Spain though..

Install latest Vix image if you have a genuine box..Right make sure tuners are set as I posted before both need to be single/simple/what ever sat you want.
Flashing new image will not effect any recordings or files on HD.

I am using a openpli 4 which has been set up for me by Davvo so i can get the UK channels as it is difficult to get something that will work with this sat and the BISS Keys....

I guess so if you have a big enough dish..1m plus....this chaps in Spain though..

I had a 1.8m channel master and it wasn't quite good enough to get it when they changed ... We don't have any internet to speak about here and no TV signals no normal phones here we have to get our Spanish TV from satellite.. we only just get Mobile signals..LOL out internet is from the phone ...

I would need a minimum of 2.5m dish and that would be serious money..

Booms in sw uk
Also I fitted a 80cm dish in Malaga in March for a friend and very strong signal there as well.

Yep excellent signal. I just need to learn how to do all this stuff myself properly or someone to show me .... I would be able to do it then I might be physically knackered LOL but nowt wrong with the gray matter except terrible memory pills i used to take destroyed it........

Back