VU+ SOLO 2 27.5 w setting up with Horizon meter help please

Nope Unfortunately its a completely different meter from them..

If its an Official Horizon USB + Model then it accepts any SR and FEC frequency you put in Choose FEC Unknown option, I know where your heading with this manic01 LOL

Second Thoughts as well its a DVB-S2 transponder and the USB+ it aint HD

Last edited:
If its an Official Horizon USB + Model then it accepts any SR and FEC frequency you put in Choose FEC Unknown option, I know where your heading with this manic01 LOL

Second Thoughts as well its a DVB-S2 transponder and the USB+ it aint HD

that's the problem it doesn't do DVB-S2 So no use for 27.5w when i asked them they said there is nothing on that Sat that the USB+ can handle...if i wanted to do anything on there i had to buy the other meter they sold..
Cost of this meter you would think it would have done both....

The USB+ is a very old meter i used to have one as a spare until i got the HD-S2 which i have had now around 3 years so you see the USB+ is probably going on for around 7 years old from launch maybe longer.

It may have been prudent to ask if it did S2 before you bought it.

i gave you openpli4 all ready set up for 27.5
flash that
find 30 west notch dish back towards 27.5
tweak it up and down left and right

The USB+ is a very old meter i used to have one as a spare until i got the HD-S2 which i have had now around 3 years so you see the USB+ is probably going on for around 7 years old from launch maybe longer.

It may have been prudent to ask if it did S2 before you bought it.
to be honest at the time i didn't know anything about S2..

i gave you openpli4 all ready set up for 27.5
flash that
find 30 west notch dish back towards 27.5
tweak it up and down left and right

I will i have been trying out with openSPA Which i was recommended to use that's why i am on that at the moment. Although i have to admit openSPA is a nice img.

so when you find 27.5
you are going to be posting how do i get the bbc channels open with openSPA
you are going to need to edit the lamedb file
install the 3 files that go to usr/bin
install and setup oscam-ymod
install dvbsnoop if that image has not got it

when iv set up openpli 4 for you all ready to go

good luck

so when you find 27.5
you are going to be posting how do i get the bbc channels open with openSPA
you are going to need to edit the lamedb file
install the 3 files that go to usr/bin
install and setup oscam-ymod
install dvbsnoop if that image has not got it

when iv set up openpli 4 for you all ready to go

good luck

I have put your openpli back on now....:Cheers:

Can i just thank davvvo for his patience and help i got up the ladder again tonight and now have 27.5 pretty good figures as well.. Thanks very much for everyone's help now to try and tweek some of the on screen display as can't see whats on and what's next at the moment in the info.... Oh and everyone who suggested using Satfinder to do it..LOL Thanks again

Thee is no Now and Next EPG on 27.5° west as the EPG data stream is missing from the TP, Dont forget these are Freeview backup Channels and not satellite versions

Channel 5 is not broadcast from there anymore you only have the BBC's ITV & Channel 4.

OK thanks i had been looking on Tracksat and they were still showing it as still broadcasting ...

How do i get oscam-ymod to start automatically? when i shut down and then restart i have to manually restart it..? Thanks

Back