VU+ SOLO 2 27.5 w setting up with Horizon meter help please

radicaldoc

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a SOLO 2 and i want to set it up to 27.5w but cannot get settings for my Horizon USB + can some one help me and tell me what i need to set on my Horizon to tune 27.5 in please i am new at this so haven't a clue i tried asking the makers for the settings and they just said there is nothing on there you can use. i have the dish set at 30w at the moment.... Thanks guys

PM sent with link to instructions for Horizon Digital Satellite Meter USB...download pdf.

I have tried with the settings Carrier 11,495 .....S/R 44100.......FEC It says to use 9/10 but my meter only goes up to 7/8 or any..... but with no joy

What are you trying to do align your dish??if your having no joy use free apps for mobile phone.

yes just to align it i can find 30w easily but 27.5w nothing which is why i was looking for settings to use for my meter...

any cheap meter will find it
or just move it by hand a bit at a time from 30
then tweak it

any cheap meter will find it
or just move it by hand a bit at a time from 30
then tweak it
Using what settings on the meter? i need to put in something for it to find it on my Horizon........
I have tried with the settings Carrier 11,495 .....S/R 44100.......FEC It says to use 9/10 but my meter only goes up to 7/8 or any..... but with no joy i have been up there most of the morning LOL

if you have found 30 west then notch it back a bit
use the solo2 as a meter

if you have found 30 west then notch it back a bit
use the solo2 as a meter
can't use solo as i can't see it do i need to have cam and key installed before anything?? or can i do that later..? cheers

hello,done mine this way.align dish to 30 west first,
then on my solo,menu-setup-service searching-satfinder.
enter the freq etc. then because 27.5 is so close to 30west i didnt slacken the nuts
on the dish clamps,just flexed the dish until i got a lock on the satfinder signal. once
you have a lock,slacken the dish clamps a bit and slowly move the dish while somebody else
is watching the reading on the satfinder.good luck.

Thanks will give it a try......

Well no luck there does anyone know what i need to set the Frequency etc. to when i do this as the one that it has set as standard is showing nothing...... And i would have thought i would have gotten some sort of show. Here you need 80cm dish i am using a 1.0m channel master so should make it a little easier.....

f@ok me its a ten minute job
thought you would have had that sorted by now

f@ok me its a ten minute job
thought you would have had that sorted by now

Thanks LOL but when you are at the hospital every day having treatment and it hard work climbing a ladder you don't feel like it so it's a case of when you feel like doing it at the moment and i have only just got the parts for the dish....So maybe for you it's a 10 min job for me it isn't.....Sorry we can't all be like you......!

Thanks LOL but when you are at the hospital every day having treatment and it hard work climbing a ladder you don't feel like it so it's a case of when you feel like doing it at the moment and i have only just got the parts for the dish....So maybe for you it's a 10 min job for me it isn't.....Sorry we can't all be like you......!

I have been waiting for a new LNB Holder for my 1.0m channel master... and then its a case of when i can get up the ladder (easy eh LOL) and stay up for a while......!
I didn't know i needed to mention i was waiting for parts. Didn't seem relevant to what i was asking......

You mentioned it.
Use dishpointer for alignment and elevation, it's very easy.

ok i am using vu solo with blackhole 2.0.9 image.
menu,-setup ,service searching,-satfinder.
tune --- manual transponder.
satellite---27.5 west.
system---dvb s2.
freq ----11495.
symbol rate ---44100.
fec --9/10.
polarisation ---verticle
hope this helps.

ok i am using vu solo with blackhole 2.0.9 image.
menu,-setup ,service searching,-satfinder.
tune --- manual transponder.
satellite---27.5 west.
system---dvb s2.
freq ----11495.
symbol rate ---44100.
fec --9/10.
polarisation ---verticle
hope this helps.

Thanks you jackobeen for that i will give that a try next time..Thanks everyone for your help can't help not being able to do it like you guys.. Thanks again all

Back