Vu+ RF Distribution Triax Tri Link

thejoker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am having serious bother getting my magic eyes to work in other rooms of the house.

I have my vu+duo connected to my triax tri link. RF2 from triax to uhf port on splitter box, rf in to roof aerial and rf1 to main tv.

This is distributing my vu+ duo to every room in my house ok but my magic eye is not working in the bedroom.

I have a SLX4B splitter box with integrated bypass so this is definitely magic eye compatible...

I also have the bluedelta blaster with seperate rf modulator, cannot get magic eyes to work with this setup either, picture around house ok though...

Hi guys, I am having serious bother getting my magic eyes to work in other rooms of the house.

I have my vu+duo connected to my triax tri link. RF2 from triax to uhf port on splitter box, rf in to roof aerial and rf1 to main tv.

This is distributing my vu+ duo to every room in my house ok but my magic eye is not working in the bedroom.

I have a SLX4B splitter box with integrated bypass so this is definitely magic eye compatible...

I also have the bluedelta blaster with seperate rf modulator, cannot get magic eyes to work with this setup either, picture around house ok though...

i could be wrong but i think i read that voltage needed isnt sufficiant enough from the vu duo box. As I said I could be wrong but someone will clarify either way

No Im not sure that is correct as the vu+ duo is connected via scart to the triax tri link. Its the triax tri link that send the 9v thats required.

It may be something to do with the ir sensors...

Heres a youtube flick that explains a little but as much I already know...

How to install a Triax Tri Link Kit - YouTube

You are correct you only need one or the other either the Triax link or the Bluedelta, if using the tri link it could have something to do with the SLX even though it states bypass i have used these on jobs in the past and personally they are crap.

First solution is to try the tri link with just 1 run of cable straight from the box to a room upstairs which would mean you going into the attic and barrel one of the upstairs feed to seperate it from the rest, then try this on its own, You also dont state if your other feeds are attached to wall plates as some do have a resistor built in that screens out the 9v supply

No my two coax runs from living room to attic do go up the conduit behind the wall plate but ive did away with the wall plate itself. The bedroom tv is mounted on a stud wall and i have power lead and new coax run going straight into attic to splitter box.

So what i can do is join rf2 feed in the attic with bedroom coax cable.

Ive made a direct connection between the bedroom coax and rf2 feed. Magic eye is working flawlessly. Absolutely no delay. So this narrows it down to the splitter box or the ir transmitter bit of the triax kit.

Now if I try a normal sky plus box and it works through the splitter box, will that tell me that the SLX4B splitter is fine...

Then where do I go...one step at a time I suppose...

I would say if you tried the Tri Link and this works without the SLX then the SLX is at fault, personally you do not need a powered Splitter in the loft Triax make a passive IR pass splitter suited to your purpose and would be an ideal replacement for the SLX, Power is supplied from the Tri link itself.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The one i quoted is the official Triax one approved for that product but if you wish to go with another brand then yes the one you quoted and many other similar passive ones will work

And the two ir transmitters, how do you position them with your satellite box, there is adhesive on the back of the little transmitters but I would have thought they need to facing the other way, pointing towards the sat box ir..

Digi, just reread your post. Get you now, does that amplifier come in a 6 or 8 way, have checked ebay, cant see the same box as 6 or 8 way...

I have a friend who wants to do the same thing with his vu+ duo, he has the rest of his house distributing using rf from his vcr. I just bought a tv link plus but it came without psi. All he wants is his kitchen and bedroom done and coax cables are already run so it doesnt have to be done with splitter box.

I presume the psu is required to power the two magic eyes, cheapest I can see it for is a tenner but does anyone know if its just a basic 12v charger, do I need the genuine psu...

GLOBAL INVACOM TV LINK PLUS ADAPTER + PSU | eBay

Well I have ordered a couple of new splitter boxes, the one you mentioned digi and the global one. Im still at a loss about these little ir transmitters with the triax tri link. Are these compulsory for the setup to work. Where is best to position them on the vu+ duo. Its at 6 minutes 20 seconds on the video here...

How to install a Triax Tri Link Kit - YouTube

I thought the triax mimmicks the sky box whereas the rf2 9v powers the magic eyes already, what is the point of these ir transmitters as their purpose to me deems that there are bouces the ir from the vu+ duo to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tv just like those marmitek powermid transmitters do....

The IR's are for you to place in front of the IR pickup on your Vu Duo so that when you press the remote in another room the IR signal is passed through the Tri Link to the IR sensors at the front of the box without these you wont be able to change channels etc...

All the above is already built into the standard skybox through the RF2 output, I am afraid that an all in one solution similar to a Skybox is still forthcoming from any satellite receiver manufacturer and until that day arrives we all have to use the Tri Link and other similar products to mimic what the Sky box does.

If i keep a sky hd box beside the duo and rf into it from the modulator then rf2 out from the sky box, will that work aswel to distribute the picture and control magic eyes without the need for the ir transmitters in the triax kit....

If i keep a sky hd box beside the duo and rf into it from the modulator then rf2 out from the sky box, will that work aswel to distribute the picture and control magic eyes without the need for the ir transmitters in the triax kit....

In a word No, The Sky RF2 can only transmit its own Picture on an analogue frequency. if it could be done there would be no need for kits like the Triax and the Delta Blaster

Ah, ok. It would be a drag having a box completely redundant but would have suited me fine. Hopefully this splitter box should be here before friday

The triax comes with 2 ir sensors so you can control 2 devices.
like digi247 said, just stick it over the ir sensor, or in my case sellotape it since the kids kept pulling it off.

when we were getting the house built a few years back, we decided we'd like to be able to get tv around the house and the bedrooms.
because the house was originally 2 buildings, the contractor who installed the arial system, put in 2 splitters for around the house.
1st splitter took in the digital arial and the rf in from the sly box upstairs in the storeroom, and distributed this using a 8 way splitter to 4 rooms upstairs, 1 downstairs and 1 to the other building.
2nd 8 way splitter in the other building then distributed it to 3 rooms upstairs and 2 downstairs. all tvs connected worked fine using a magic eye.

once I swapped the sly with a Vu box, had to figure out how to be able to control and view the box from upstairs.
enter the triax, great piece of kit, worked straight away. scart in, rf out to the splitter, stick on the ir receiver and viola, tv around the house again.
because I normally want to watch something other than everyone else, bought a 2nd vu box and another triax tri-link and set it on another frequency.

vu box 1. scart goes into the triax, set it to ch36. rf out goes into rf in on the 2nd triax.
vu box 2. scart goes into the triax, set it to ch40. rf out to the splitter. the ir link goes to both boxes from 1 traix.

Back