Vu+ RF Distribution Triax Tri Link

Only problem Im having is getting every room with magic eye to work. Have received new splitter boxes, so hopefully will sort it. Bloody f connectors for these splitter boxes so bit of work to do here, will report back on progress...

Happy days. Its working through the triax splitter box and global splitter. Now I have only two tvs in house apart from the main living room tv so I was only able to test it with two magic eyes.

Now about the ir transmitters being able to control 2 devices, obviously if Im able to go through splitter box I can have 4, 6, 8, 16 magic eyes. Is there a limit at all but Im still confused about the comment above that the ir transmitters can control up to 2 devices....

Ah, I see now, you can control two different boxes from any room in the house. I thought there was two ir transmitters just so response time would be quicker....

Ive bought the triax tri link, bluedelta blaster and tv link plus, triax tri link is by far the best solution. Tv link plus seems good as it also has ir transmitters to give a more subtle approach to placing an ir transmitter infront of box.

But the blue blaster has no ir sensors which mean the box has to sit in front of the vu+ duo which is a drag...

i think these triax were more for the days when you had a dvd player and vcr and wanted to watch both elsewhere.
since the only way you'll get 2 devices on one triax is, if you plug one into the scart, and the other is a rf out with its own adjustable rf channel.
hence why i'm using 2 triax modules.
i looked everywhere for either a multi input rf modulator, or a hdmi > rf modulator, but couldnt find anything decent, or in my price range.

Even controlling two boxes, they need to be stacked on top of each other. In my living room my 3 tier stand, the irs would not reach between the two shelves. But ive no need for it anyway. Very happy now, giving the tv link plus to a friend and will try and sell bluedelta blaster...

not really, i only stacked them above each other as i need to grab another shelf for the cabinet and sort the wires out properly.
the ir link is pretty long, and then the cable splits for the 2 ir receivers, so they could be side by side, or on the shelf above

You know, it could be possible to run the ir transmitters inside the duo. You could buy one of these extensions leads here as the irs are just a 3.5mm jack. Run the cable inside the duo from the rear and the irs could easily stick onto the actual lcd screen. Im pretty sure there is enough clearance between the lcd and the plastic bezel....

2m 3.5mm Jack Plug Socket Headphone Extension Cable | eBay

Another problem Im having is Im getting no freeview around the house. Before I had my aerial coax going direct into my SLX amp, that seemed to amplify signal, but now since I have a 15m run from aerial down to triax tri link it is not giving me a single channel.

I have the aerial mounted in the loft, that is why I've no signal, Is there anything I can do apart from getting it up on the roof...

Problem Im having now is no freeview reception. Before I had sky distributed I had my roof aerial plugged into uhf port of my slx amplifier. My aerial was in loft but could get freeview going through this slx amp which is supposed to be suitable for aerials mounted in loft.

Now that my loof aerial has been extended 15m down to triax tri link its not getting freeview. I presume this is because I am not putting it into the slx amp.

Is there anything I can put into the roof aerial coax, some sort of in line amp, not too sure about this sort of thing..

cant you run a cable from the slx amplifier to the triax?
failing that, you can buy aerial boosters, give that a go

Do not buy a standard aerial booster get hold of a masthead amp and PSU fit the masthead in the loft where you extended the cable and at the end of the 15m run you put in place the PSU there, there are a few types of Mastheads standard 10db variable 0-10db and variable 10-25db, without actually getting an aerial meter and testing what output you get for the signal you may be better getting the 10-25db variable type just to be on the safe side.

Well i have changed to the triax splitter box now as slx didnt work with magic eyes.

Are you saying i should put roof aerial into uhf port of slx amp and then coax from tv1 port on slx amp down to aerial input on triax trilink

Yes, its working perfectly, roof aerial into slx splitter and then out of tv1 down to triax tri link.

Now I have a bluedelta blaster that Im going to put in for a friend along with a rf modulator. Now the blueblaster doesnt have the ir extender cable, it has to sit in front of the box which is not really viable, will look really untidy.

I have taken case of blue delta, green led to the left is just the power but the two ones to the right I believe is the ir transmitters. I have bought some ir extender cable, I am pretty sure if I strip the cable I can solder the positive and negative onto the bluedelta pcb, that way the box can stay hidden behind tv.

Wonder if this could also be achieved with having a dreambox up in the attic. You see my tv is mounted on a stud wall in my bedroom and have already fed power and coax down through wall from attic so Im wondering if I also feed a hdmi cable down from a dream box, could I also solder some ir extender cable from dreambox pcb down to tv....

This is the ir cable

Marmitek IR Eye universal IR extender cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Attachments

• IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 2
Back