vu+ duo

Loopthrough "loops the transponder" being used to the second cable.

You need two feeds from the dish/es.

Loopthrough "loops the transponder" being used to the second cable.

You need two feeds from the dish/es.

Exactly. Without a second seperate feed from the dish you might just as well have a dm800se

ive worked that bit out that both feeds need to be connected, as to telling the servers that i am running a vu duo thats what ive been doing when ive emailed for some reason they say i cannot use it on there servers lol, struggling with this box

Nothing wrong with the box, one of the best going.

A. Get another sealion where you can use dual tuners and give the remainder of the current one to a trusted family member/close friend.
B. Don't watch/and/or record 2 premium channels at the same time.
C. Carry on until they kick you off

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmusai i have a couple of 500gb hard drives for sale that work well in a vu box. There in the members classified if your interested :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

yes so have i tuner A set to uk sky 28.2E...tuner B set loopthrough to tuner A....just done a test recording uktv gold...but cannot record any other channels except those that are highlighted,,,in the boquest sections...so you cannot record any other channel you like, except the on on the same transponder,,,,unless im missing something here..lol???????

because loopthrough is not the same as two separate feeds

lol...had this duo almost a year now and just found out how to record one channel and watch something else...shows u how much i know ....lol....thanks guys...managed to get the streaming going, but still no good in SD broadcasts....picture freezes..

Hmusai i have a couple of 500gb hard drives for sale that work well in a vu box. There in the members classified if your interested :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

hi mate thanks ill check em out, thanks for the info

were jus wondering with the dual input feed could i split one feed using a splitter or not. thanks

were jus wondering with the dual input feed could i split one feed using a splitter or not. thanks

no that would not work, either use the loopthrough feature which will give some limited functionality or fit a dual feed lnb with another cable run to the second tuner.

definetely the way to go is with 2 seperate feeds, 1 for each tuner, quad lnbs are cheap as chips on ebay, get 1 fitted run the 2nd cable and enjoy!

ive got second feed running im just running test on the recording features and so far im not dissapointed, just sorting out the epg guide at the moment using cross epg and creating a channel list using channel editor, one thing i like about this box it has the same style control as a dreambox which makes things alot easier to use. have also for now used one of my old hard drives inside to run the test, only thing that i seem to not see is which tuner it is using, as when i record it just tells me that its recording but not saying which tuner its using

thanks for all the replys on this thread, your help has been much appreciated, almost finished setting up and running the box, just one more quick question is there anywhere in the box where i can check what the kernell is and which drivers are being used i am using blackhole 1.72 image and have used ferraris's IC patch ver 3 found off this site to update kernel (box is clone lol)

just sorting out the epg guide at the moment using cross epg and creating a channel list using channel editor,

You should check out Rats bouquet (plugin) as this is very good and will save you time doing it youself and he keeps on top of it being updated the kind soul he is :)

You would need a twin or quad lnb and two runs of coax to your vu duo to watch and record any channel..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Back