vu+ duo

hmusa1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have just brought a vu+duo box and i am setting it up, my question is that if i use one C line would i be able to record one channel and watch another using the twin tuners or do i need a seperate C line for each tuner, please help i am struggling in finding this out, help would be much appreciated on this matter,

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically you would be able but the ecm requests would be higher then normal ;)

so if i used two clines then would the ecm requests be more balanced as there are two connections to the server

so if i used two clines then would the ecm requests be more balanced as there are two connections to the server

Not necessarily but its the accepted way these things are done :)

thanks for that, just another quick question what size hard drive does the vu take and do i just have to open the box and put it in there

sorry to contradict but a twin tuner only needs one cline

edogg

sorry to contradict but a twin tuner only needs one cline

edogg

I never said it needed two!

But if you are watching and recording two different premium channels it will use twice as much ecms,

Any person who's runs a server would take a dim view of this, as at their end it can look like you are resharing,

So to play fair you use two lines ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

When you have more than 1 line, the softcam normally uses the one with the lowest ecm times (quickest connection). It does not mean that it will automatically use a different one for each tuner. Additionally, other lines are used to open other satellites.

You can quite happily use a 1 liner. The important thing is make sure your provider knows that you have two tuners. You don't want to pay and then be cut off because the person has (logicially/reasonably) assumed you are using it on two different receivers.

thanks for that, just another quick question what size hard drive does the vu take and do i just have to open the box and put it in there

3.5 Sata HDD. Yes, you have to open the receiver to put the disk inside.

hi thanks for the reply, i have found a server which gives you four clines to the server, so i am going to try that, as there are four given i should be able to record and watch premium channels, without causing much issue, as the current cline i have is only one, and like its been said i dont want to look like im resharing it when im not,

thought you could only record a diffrernt channel if its on the same transponder as the channels yr watching ?..4 clines...must be expensive m8 ?

If you have twin tuner box like the vu+duo you can record any channel on any transponder while watching a different channel on a different transponder that is why people by an expensive twin tuner box

edogg

There seems to be some confusion here about the number of lines needed and there purpose. You only need one line no matter how many tuners in your receiver. The point is if you record one channel and watch another you will in effect take the same amount of ecm as if you were watching two boxes. This being "unfair" on the person running the server. If the server provider has issued 4 lines this does not mean you are covering for more ecms. It just means you have access to 4 servers and the chances are each one provides different packages so if you are watching and recording from 28 east which most of the time you will be you will most probably still take all of the ecms from the same line.

The best bet is before purchasing any lines is to ask the server provider what his stance is. Some wont care, some will ask for an extra couple of quid and others will expect you to pay double. These days most servers run on oscam and will restrict your ecms using the anti-cascading feature which once triggered will either start sending fake ecms or ban you from the server.

No confusion at all in post number 2 I clearly said it would work,simples ;)

thanks, for all your replys what you are saying does make sense, i have been using mgcam on a dreambox 500 for ages now changing over forgot loads bout cccam, i will have to email the servers and see what they have to say on the matter before purchasing, probably save load in hassel in the long run,

i no now that one line will be enough to watch and record, im just trying to make sure that once i start using it i do not get banned like you say for cascading. can someone pm a server that would be worth using that allows this, the one i found said i got 4 lines but did not mention if i could record and watch together

thankyou

From my own personal experience of pay servers, they charge half price for a second line for a second box connecting from the same ip or for a second tuner, I assume using the same cline twice would result in at least a warning!

I think if you told the person running the server you had a duo they wouldnt be bothered as you would only be using twice as many ecm's whilst you were recording and i dont think many people record 24/7. I know I wouldnt be arsed if someone was using a vu duo if I was running a server.

That is the case with a single tuner. OP has a duo which has two tuners.

yes so have i tuner A set to uk sky 28.2E...tuner B set loopthrough to tuner A....just done a test recording uktv gold...but cannot record any other channels except those that are highlighted,,,in the boquest sections...so you cannot record any other channel you like, except the on on the same transponder,,,,unless im missing something here..lol???????

Back