Vu+ duo

daveo_spy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I am in the process of ordering a VU+ reciever however, i cannot find any information on them with regards to images etc. Some forums say they are unstable as limited support is available, others say they are the best thing to challenge the dreambox at half the price(£400). Its hard for me as i am new satelite and would like to know if it is worth the gamble as there is nothing about it on this forum.

thanks

daveyo

You will find that this box is actualy becoming one of the best supported boxes on the market. PLI,VTI,HD Freaks & the maufacturer are all activley developing for this box Nabilo Sat have opened a section on there forum but as yet they have not said wether they will release an image which for me would be the iceing on the cake.

I have had mine for 2 weeks now and before that I had a Clone DM800 and there is no looking back this box although still in development has already outpermormed the Clone by 100%.

I change images and test different plugins all the time and even if you do manage to crash it loading an incompatible plugin or somthig you can reflash by usb in 2 mins and be back up and running.

So I would advise anyone who is thinking of giving it a try to take the plunge and get one.

I have to agree with mickbrush, bought one myself and think its great :)

This is a quality box....Love it. Although this is my first Satellite Reciever.

thanks for the feedback chaps. I think I will go for it. Does it come with the software pre-installed for set-up? As I am having the satelite fitted by an sate installer and he will need to test the setup correctly before he leaves with my money? or do I need to configure the box first?

Vu+ Duo can Records 6 HD Ch at same time ..... that mad

didn't say it couldn't just said it would depend on which channels were recording

impressive but at 400 quid I think ill wait till im less newbie ;)

Quick question. I have been told by the guy coming to install the satelite that he could use my exisiting TV ariel to connect the satelite to the reciever as that cable is the same (a cheaper option). Is that true? as I am sure that the exisiting tv ariel was fitted to the TV roof antenna when the house was built, way back in the 1920's! He says yes, I think not, due to simple science as the tv ariel was designed for analogue use and perhaps even if it did work, it would not be of the same quality as digital cables of today. I just dont want it fitted and working for a few days or weeks and me having to call the installer back or get another installer to fix it? Is his statement true about old TV ariel cables being used or is he a cowboy? hard to find decent installer now a days everyone just wants your money with no guarantees

Hi M8

Are you sure the guy who,s doing this job for you, is not a newbie himself??

The Answer is no M8. For good all round reception, you need sat cable for
a Sat setup. I won,t even explain why, as its a so, stupid question to ask.
Not aimed at you M8.

Fezzy

Thanks Fezzy,

I had my doubts about the company from the off. He is from a company who believe it or not sells and installs satelite dishes and recievers. I am getting the kit from somewhere else who supply but dont fit. This company does not supply the VU+ Duo but will set it up for £100. Which means I have to supply all the materials such as cable etc (only found out yesterday) as I am not getting the kit from them. I am getting the reciever (STA) and satelite from those guys mentioned in earliers posts. I told them that I will pay for any of the extra bits which I maybe missing as long as they bring all the essential requirements for sate installation with them, when coming to fit and hence the talk of using the old TV aerial. I thought it was daft but had to have it confirm by the experts.

If anyone knows a good satelite fitter in Romford/Goodmayes area please PM me! Decent installer are becoming impossible to find.

Hi

Where abouts in the uk are you m8??

Fezzy

I could do it for ya m80. Cant pm u though as you have not got enough posts.

Video resolution (720 x 576 lines), 576p, 720p, 1080i hmmmmmmm

hey mate..

im in romford.. have done a few sat installls, and funnily enough looking to set up as a business myself in the near future..

if you want a hand, or for me to do it let me know can come along..

if you got all the kit bar the coax i can get the coax for ya at cost, plus a drink for the effort (coffee black 2 sugers)

neorageDW [at] googlemail [dot] com

[@mods.. email is a non personal account so ok for open forum use :) ]

i will get the email tho daveo.. jsut not worried if it gets spammed

Last edited:
Back