VU+Duo tuner issue? sid not found in pat

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have been sorting a a new vu+duo clone i sold to a mate as he wanted me to checkout his box as he kept getting lockups (however i think this is down to his internet running a wifi bridge) and advised him to ethernet cable to the box.

anyway i had the box running all day fine yesterday. watching movie and sports.
However, last night i was watching discovery and flicked it up a channel and got the following msg " sid not found in pat" when i flicked back to discovery i got the same error.. then every channel i tried i got the same error msg. "sid not found in pat"

i know these msgs appear if channel is not transmitting and also i was not recording anything so wasnt utalising the tuners by recording other channels.

it wasnt until i gave the box a hard reboot using the switch at the back that it channels started to work again.

Why would i have got this error??

I use to get that when using original BlackHole images,I've since changed to a 'ferrari' image and haven't experienced it anymore.

same thing just happened again tonight watching a channel change channel and then every channel i just get "sid not found in pat"

im using VIX 2.4 image for this box.. im using the same image on another box and thats been running ok ... do u think its a "querk" with the image? ie bad flash? or faulty tuner? odd how it goes from working perfect to total failure

I also randomly get this on my Duo clone which runs ViX 2.4-151.

For me some of the freeview channels still work when I get this and reading about it over on the Ferrari forums it seems to be related to some anti-clone measure in the drivers, supposedly.

for me all the channels dont work inc freesat ones. the only way to fix is switch box off and on again...
ive just put a different flash of 2.4vix on so maybe it may behave itself now?

however when rebuilding the box from new flash had to reflash a couple of times as the tuner wasnt picking up all the services today there was 1366 to scan but 1st 2 attempts only found 880 ish and tried again found 6 so reflashed and correctly found 1366 so not sure whats up with that? couple vu+ clones done that on me b4

Could be a faulty psu mate, which as you know already is very common with the vu+ duo clones :(

but just to make sure you could swap the working clones tuner over and see if you get the same problem.

'sid not found in pat' can also happen on originals as well sometimes its better to upload the channel list again or rescan that satellite for any changes to TP's

hi james, its happened with same box connected to 2 different dishes so i rule out lnb or cabling - faulty psu option.. at least i would get it repaced for free as only 1 week old the box. i had an identical setup on another vu+ clone and it didnt have any issue

digi247 i find after i flash the box and run the initial channel scan any scans run after never pick up the full listings. and each time i run it it find less and less till eventually 0 services therefore have to reflash and start again last time i checked i think there are 1366 services to scan

i have just put a different vix2.4 flash on my box now (doesnt have the lake as bootup logo just says VU+duo on the boot screen) so far thats held stable for a day

If its working now then great :) but if it does it again try the tuner from the working clone in the faulty one as they are interchangeable and im curious now lol

Sent from my telephone.

I'm sure I read somewhere else that this is a driver issue with clones

If its working now then great :) but if it does it again try the tuner from the working clone in the faulty one as they are interchangeable and im curious now lol

Sent from my telephone.

the tuners in the duo are fixed so unless they have deviated from this in the clones you cant swap them out ( easily ).

the tuners in the duo are fixed so unless they have deviated from this in the clones you cant swap them out ( easily ).

yes they are part of the main board however i have 2 clones at different houses running exact same image/setup so will see how it performs over next week. ...

part of the problem may also lie with the way that the ferrari team got around the Vu security measures. without going into too much detail there is a timing issues in the ferrari clone patch that can lock up the tuner when zapping too fast. The only way to free up the tuner in this situation is to reboot the receiver ( hard reboot not just a gui reboot ).
now yes this can also very rarely happen on a original receiver but on clones it is a real problem and ferrari seem more bothered palming questions off by telling users they must have a clone of a clone than actually doing any thing about it.

Just ordered myself a duo from a m*****s**.com - am I right in thinking these guys sell clones? Or would I have the real deal, Im slightly anxious now that when it turns up Im gonna have a few problems :(

Just ordered myself a duo from a m*****s**.com - am I right in thinking these guys sell clones? Or would I have the real deal, Im slightly anxious now that when it turns up Im gonna have a few problems :(

It will be a clone mate
Especially at those prices ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Yep its a clone alright just hope its a good one

Where would you get the real deal from? If necessary PM me... Although its too late now. Im guessing a few people have ordered from the site I mentioned - is it a bit hit'n'miss as to if you get a gooden or not?

All i can say is i have had a couple from there as well as numerous DM's and never had a bad one, But thats not saying it can never happen. Fingers crossed you get a good one

Back