Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vu Duo + Solo clones now available to buy, just been emailed

i have a mate who got a vu+ duo clone from china for 200 dollars plus p+P - his is running vix 2.3 image on it and to be honest it is working a good as an original . they have done a cracking job on it

Last edited:
VU+ not happy, looks like they are to take legal action

Taken from their FB page
"Please be careful when buying.
A clone box from China was found and Vu+ is now taking legal action.
Please be noted that the latest software will not work on clone box
."

Taken from vuplus website
"Dear partners and Customers,

Vu+, unarguably the leading supplier of Linux based set top box, works relentlessly to make sure the utmost quality that you expect us to achieve. This has been the integral part of the whole operations in developing and manufacturing.

However, we recently learned that a clone of Vu+ SOLO could now be traded through illegal transaction routes from China. In responding to this grave situation, we assure you that we will take all possible legal measures to ensure that such pirated copies of Vu+ products be not traded freely. Furthermore, we have already begun a technical process via which to upgrade the algorithm of system security implemented in all Vu+ products soon.

When this upgrade is put into place, no pirated copies of Vu+ products will work. While we sincerely ask for your unilateral support in dealing with this serious matter, let us state the following aspects so that you can inform those who might be interested in Vu+ clones.
"

i have a friend in huddersfield who goes to aspley for his boxes , he says he never had any trouble with him , saying that he actually goes into the shop and buys products over the counter, he is going to pick up a vu duo CE for 190 quid on monday.
He is unresponsive to emails and such but if you are in the area and deal with him face to face sounds like a different matter .
I live about 30mins from huddersfeild i may nip in myself to see wots wot.

i have original duo , uno and solo , i may pick up a CE duo from huddersfield just to pull it apart and do a proper compare !

Last edited:
VU+ not happy, looks like they are to take legal action

Taken from their FB page
"Please be careful when buying.
A clone box from China was found and Vu+ is now taking legal action.
Please be noted that the latest software will not work on clone box
."

Taken from vuplus website
"Dear partners and Customers,

Vu+, unarguably the leading supplier of Linux based set top box, works relentlessly to make sure the utmost quality that you expect us to achieve. This has been the integral part of the whole operations in developing and manufacturing.

However, we recently learned that a clone of Vu+ SOLO could now be traded through illegal transaction routes from China. In responding to this grave situation, we assure you that we will take all possible legal measures to ensure that such pirated copies of Vu+ products be not traded freely. Furthermore, we have already begun a technical process via which to upgrade the algorithm of system security implemented in all Vu+ products soon.

When this upgrade is put into place, no pirated copies of Vu+ products will work. While we sincerely ask for your unilateral support in dealing with this serious matter, let us state the following aspects so that you can inform those who might be interested in Vu+ clones.
"

this is what happens with anything that people can see is a good seller, in reality though, theres nothing they can do about it. people will buy the cheaper clones, Vu+ may well implement some form of 'security' into the images, but as the dreambox clones have proven, the community WILL work around this

im in hudds and know the owner well, yip they were linuxsat, just dropshipping for china site not looked at these clones yet though so prob best to wait n see :)

cheers
osborne82

if they make original vu+duo or solo or whatever they are called cheaper, people will buy them rather then the clones...£329 for a vU+duo is not cheap, a weeks wages for some people.....ver expensive, no wonder they moan when clones come out...

just got the same mail from a place in huddersfield, strange thing they use a mail address that i only use on a two or three sat forums. I am considering a vu duo at that price.

I got the same email, wonder where they got my email addy from too. Must have been a forum I use.

if they make original vu+duo or solo or whatever they are called cheaper, people will buy them rather then the clones...£329 for a vU+duo is not cheap, a weeks wages for some people.....ver expensive, no wonder they moan when clones come out...

Go compare the Duo to the DM8000.

Similar box for less than half the price, are the VU+ boxes really THAT expensive when put into perspective?

I don't think so.

I got the same email, wonder where they got my email addy from too. Must have been a forum I use.

Not so long ago I had a small insignificant argument with a certain trader on this forum.

I had never and never will order anything from him - because he is well known 'wank.

Weeks later after ordering a box from an entirely different trader, the 'wank' threatened to 'pay me a visit' and confirmed my address via private message.

How did he get my address and name?

Trust No-one.

Friends to your face yet they'll stab you in the cock as soon as look at you.

I absolutely totally disagree with you on this one. compare the Vu duo, uno and solo to any original DM and you will see just how reasonably priced they are. as for the Vu ultimo thats intended for a totally different market and still almost half the price of the dm8000

I would probably have to buy a clone as the clones look like they are very good, if I brought a box, I would be unsure of which one I had..

event_clone.jpg

£190 for a clone VU+ box doesn't sound like a deal, I for one would much sooner have genuine and pay a few extra quid,
For the clones to be tempting they would have to much cheaper, as I think the genuine are well priced
But TBH I still wouldn't touch a clone :err:

Last edited:
clone looks good ...i hope we dont see an influx of sellers on ebay sellin them off as genuine !

There already trying. seen a good few trying to palm the solo clone off as a genuine box. but you can easily tell with the solo as the clone comes with a white remote which the original has never shipped with ( only very early Duo's shipped with a white remote ) and a "special" rs232 cable. then there's a sticker on the left hand corner of the box with a URL to download supposedly safe working images from.

A guy was confronted about a week ago on WoS over trying to sell a clone off as a original and he instantly slashed the price to half and changed his ebay name in a attempt to hide. although his ploy did not work.

i had one of the first Duos with a white remote, and because of the remote, sold it the same week, looked like an accessory for my Wii lol

since then though, the images have gotten better, and they changed to black remotes (not that ive any preference for black over white, they all need the same batteries to get them going lol) and last year (or may have been earlier) i got another one, and kept it

people will always try to sell a clone as an original at first, they tried it with dreamboxes as well, but, no matter what Vu+ try to implement, once the market for the clones is established, like it is with dreamboxes, then 'the community' WILL find a way around any protection they try to create

some forums will refuse to have anything to do with clones, for dreamboxes, PLi, iHaD and a few others wont offer any support for clones, just as i suspect that some forums wont offer any support for those saying they own a Vu+ clone, but, this wont stop people, probably the manufacturers, producing patched bootloaders or images etc, and releasing them, just like happens with the dreambox clones

if i got a clone vu duo tomoz ( i already own original )
Would the new vix image go onto it or not ? or would it need a special clone image on the box .
I feel if the clones cannot accept a vix image then that alone is a massive negative .

if i got a clone vu duo tomoz ( i already own original )
Would the new vix image go onto it or not ? or would it need a special clone image on the box .
I feel if the clones cannot accept a vix image then that alone is a massive negative .

from what i understand vix older images will work but the new 3.1.1 may not due to Vu's counter measures. also note ViX will never support cloned boxes of any type and any one asking for help for a clone can and may be banned from the ViX home forum. so make your own mind up on that one.

from what i understand vix older images will work but the new 3.1.1 may not due to Vu's counter measures. also note ViX will never support cloned boxes of any type and any one asking for help for a clone can and may be banned from the ViX home forum. so make your own mind up on that one.

Thanks for the heads up ! wondering where the support will actually come from for these boxes then ?

I have no doubt they will find support somewhere but i can say that we ViX will not offer any support at all for any one with a clone and the same applies to BH so you have two of the biggest teams rite there who wont have any thing to do with them. Thats not to say some one else wont take the ViX or BH images and patch them but they will only ever be unofficial patched images without support of any kind.

Back