Vu Duo + Solo clones now available to buy, just been emailed

why pay £180 for a clone when you can buy a original from Germany with a full 2 year warranty for £240 ?.

seriously i do not get some of you people.

why pay £180 for a clone when you can buy a original from Germany with a full 2 year warranty for £240 ?.

seriously i do not get some of you people.

What's it to you how I choose to spend my money.

Last edited:
Pheonix advised to buy from Germany I fail to see what thats got to do with WOS, I have 2 clones and trust me his advice is sound. Spend the extra and get yourself an original ;)

.......................... I have 2 clones and trust me his advice is sound. Spend the extra and get yourself an original ;)

No way jose, clone wars for me.

I accept your point about "Phoenix" advising to buy from Germany.

.................seriously i do not get some of you people.

What, just because someone wants free choice on how they spend their money you do not get it !! Get real chum boy !!

Last edited:
What, just because someone wants free choice on how they spend their money you do not get it !! Get real WoS chum boy !!

LMAO i see your ability to read has not improved, I have not once mentioned WoS. i just pointed out that i do not understand the logic in taking the risk with a clone especially with more and more reports of PSU's killing them selves, when you can buy a genuine unit from Germany with a full 24 month warranty. but what ever. i'll let you keep on trolling.

Last edited:
LMAO i see your ability to read has not improved, I have not once mentioned WoS. i just pointed out that i do not understand the logic in taking the risk with a clone especially with more and more reports of PSU's killing them selves, when you can buy a genuine unit from Germany with a full 24 month warranty. but what ever. i'll let you keep on trolling.

That's right, whatever I choose to spend my own money on will be my choice and nothing to do with you and your self opinionated guff.

Now, there is nothing more for you to see here so run along like a good little boy.

That's right, whatever I choose to spend my own money on will be my choice and nothing to do with you and your self opinionated guff.

Now, there is nothing more for you to see here so run along like a good little boy.

Are you for real?! Chill the fook out and be civil. I wouldnt touch a clone duo with a barge pole but thats just my imo. If you want a box that will support latest vix images then spend that little extra as it is well worth it. Doesnt matter where you buy it from or who from as DUO are not exclusive to a single team or site. If you still want a clone then theres team that support it but that -v- 24 month warranty, its a no brainer.

Are you for real?! Chill the fook out and be civil..........

What like your civil post above?

I don't recall replying to any of your posts or being rude to you so what you sticking your neck in for where it dont belong?

This entire thread was running along sweetly until that PHOENIX stuck his oar in questioning peoples opinions in a sarcastic tone.

Last edited:
Can't believe how much this has escalated. Pretty pathetic for a bunch of adults.

Are you for real?! Chill the fook out and be civil. I wouldnt touch a clone duo with a barge pole but thats just my imo. If you want a box that will support latest vix images then spend that little extra as it is well worth it. Doesnt matter where you buy it from or who from as DUO are not exclusive to a single team or site. If you still want a clone then theres team that support it but that -v- 24 month warranty, its a no brainer.

A "new" box will run the latest vix but what about the future when a new hardware problem is found and a mk3 box will be released so it can run the new kernelswhatever it may be by then.
For me the box has lost it's credibility now, unless i'm mistaken any vu duo more than a year old will have a high chance of being unreliable on a new kernel image due to a memory leak issue which can't be fixed.
I might have the wrong information but thats the way I understand the current situation with original boxes that are more than a year old.
So I can't see the it will run the latest image to be much of an incentive as what about future images.

Not saying the clones are any better I just think that argument is not really valid.
The 24 month warranty is a no brainer though, trying to return to China would offset any savings buying a cheap clone box if you got a dud.

Just for awareness....if anyone here has purchased from a certain satellite shop in huddersfield...I notice their website is now redirecting to a Chineese site and from other sources I hear that warranty issues are being ignored...looks like someones up to their old tricks again !
Linuxsat first, now it looks like Aspley Satellite is going down the same route. I cant 100% verify this info but I would suggest if anyone has bought from here you might want to check if your warrantys are still valid..a lot of people were left out of pocket and without warranties when Linuxsat disappeared..

Last edited:
I tried their phone number yesterday, its not working, sent them a mail to see if they had UK stock, got no reply. Didn't chance their chinese shop so went to mixes.

Back