VU+ Duo Vu+ Duo Clone PSU

Mate when you flashed the VIX image did you use a image that was patched for your version of clone.

V2 or V3 etc

@Oily I am in Liverpool mate but thanks very much for the offer. @Ferret I would have used the V2 image for my box but I am not at home to double check this as its on my laptop. I will have a look later on when I get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
link i sent you was for a V2

I did try this on the pen drive but it still didn't move from "starting" so thats why I had to try the .nfi way but without any luck.

Checked image and all check out but not even getting that far to apply the image anyhow. Tried applying the following 3 steps again
Update the "DUO boot.bin" to the box
Update the "vu_2ver_22m_130110_sec_isp.bin" to the box
Load with USB Stick the CFE

and although they all go through fine the front of the box always stays on "starting". Just no life out of it really.
Tried and tried the VU util buy nothing!

Oh well question now is whether to get another clone (solo2) or get an orginal Duo if possible.
Had such a nightmare with this clone from the start i've lost faith but all the good reviews and comments about the solo2 clone is making me think otherwise.

Think I may just chance it and if I'm let down again then never again on a clone......

do you have hard drive installed try removing it see if it starts up

@bobby123 No mate i've never had a hard drive installed. Its never worked from getting it. Thats what I mean by the box being jinxed lol. One problem after another with it.

Leemoo mate is the file finishing to 100% complete!!!

No joy with cross over cable just sits on starting and with the below screen.

Still convinced it is down to the PSU but don't think i'll waste money on another in case its not. Just throwing money at a bad clone from the start.

View attachment 78710

Just typed a reply and when click to post it hasn't done anything!!!

Any of them????

I can run both of the following:

These both complete but all the time the screen stays on "starting".

I cannot run the bootloader as it doesn't detect the USB.

The screen show above shows were I am trying to install a .nfi image but it won't go past the part that the screen shot shows and that is because I cannot detect the IP address no matter what i've tried.
I think the box is truely goosed!

As I said keep restarting the operation, eventually the progress bar will finish, thats what I had to do....
I can run both of the following:

These both complete but all the time the screen stays on "starting".

I cannot run the bootloader as it doesn't detect the USB.

The screen show above shows were I am trying to install a .nfi image but it won't go past the part that the screen shot shows and that is because I cannot detect the IP address no matter what i've tried.
I think the box is truely goosed!

@suttsy with the VU util you mean? Kept doing it for ages, maybe 2 hours

What I'm on about is the 3 stage process I mentioned to you in a previous post.....

@suttsy The bootloder on the USB? Tried that loads of times and I mean loads of times as well with different usb drives but just nothing.

If you do buy a replacement psu then DONT order it from ukdreamboxshop. I ordered one in December and im still waiting on it. They took my cash but wont reply to any of my messages so you would end up paying 30 quid for nothing. Just a heads up about these con artists!!!!

Ive taken a 30 quid hit but I feel sorry for people who have paid more for a stb and received nothing!

Good luck

Agreed..there's plenty of posts on various forums with people reporting issues with orders from ukdreamboxshop. Appears to be a reseller of goods obtained from China clone suppliers. You are better off going direct to the China suppliers.

Back