VU+ Duo Vu+ Duo Clone PSU

leemoo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my duo clone is now stuck on "starting up..." and i've tried everything which leaves me to the conclusion it is the PSU.
That is 2 PSU's I have now had in this box which was doomed from the start.

So what I need to know is, where is the best place to get a VU+ Duo clone PSU from? Seen one on "ukdreamshop" for £30.24 delievered.

F***ing sick of this clone the amout of problems I've had with it!!

Not even sure whether another PSU may fix it or whether that maybe just throwing money away if it doesn't work after replacing the PSU once again.

i dont think stuck on starting is a psu issue mate. What verson of clone is it?

I agree stuck on starting may indicate the wrong image has been flashed.

And in some case just leaving a usb stick in can cause this.

Thanks for the reply guys. @friendzi The clone is V2.
The image I used is BH 1.7.3 i think or if not 1.7.2 and it has been working fine.
Turned the box off Tuesday night before going to bed. Turned it back on last night about 6pm and stuck on starting...
Had this happen quite a few times and normally I can put the USB in and run the bootloader "duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip" and that sorts it or it at least allows me to run my backup image from the USB.
Sometimes the USB doesn't work so I try a different one and that sorts it but this time I've tried all the usual things and just haven't been able to get anywere with it.
@Ferret I do leave a usb in the back for the EPG

Any help is appreciated as always :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply guys. @friendzi The clone is V2.
The image I used is BH 1.7.3 i think or if not 1.7.2 and it has been working fine.
Turned the box off Tuesday night before going to bed. Turned it back on last night about 6pm and stuck on starting...
Had this happen quite a few times and normally I can put the USB in and run the bootloader "duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip" and that sorts it or it at least allows me to run my backup image from the USB.
Sometimes the USB doesn't work so I try a different one and that sorts it but this time I've tried all the usual things and just haven't been able to get anywere with it.
@Ferret I do leave a usb in the back for the EPG

Any help is appreciated as always :)

Yeah just take it out for now to see if it boots, sometimes when the usb is not mapped or not mapped correctly they do not start.

There is a V2 image here if you need to reflash.

Vu+ Solo : BlackHole 2.0.8 Ferrari V2 - Downloads - Digitalworldz

I'd re flash as ferret says pal. Maybe skip the restore too and install all your plug ins from fresh then create a new backup

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah just take it out for now to see if it boots, sometimes when the usb is not mapped or not mapped correctly they do not start.

There is a V2 image here if you need to reflash.

Vu+ Solo : BlackHole 2.0.8 Ferrari V2 - Downloads - Digitalworldz

I have left the USB out and it still won't boot up.
It won't read the USB so I can't install an image on to it unfortunately. That image is for the solo an all and not the Duo mate which is what I would need :)
I will try another pen drive later that I've not tried before but I have tried 4 different one's already without any joy.

Have you tried a vix or do you prefer black hole

I prefer BH but I would happily try vix if it gets the box up and running. Suppose I could try putting a vix image on to the pen drive and see if it detects that but can't understand why it would if it can't detect the BH restore image or the 1.7.9 default image or the boot loader.
Defo worth a try though.

Ok

Format your pen drive on your computer
Download vix 3.0 build 761 v2a and flash that to your receiver and see if it boots. That image seems most stable on receivers I have done

Thanks for the input guys!
Will give it a go later when I get home.

I have left the USB out and it still won't boot up.
It won't read the USB so I can't install an image on to it unfortunately. That image is for the solo an all and not the Duo mate which is what I would need :)
I will try another pen drive later that I've not tried before but I have tried 4 different one's already without any joy.

Obvoiusly use the front USB to install a image and make sure any USB at the back are out.

Does the front display even show its reading the usb or does it go starting as soon as you turn on the power.

@Ferret didn't have anything plugged in apart from the power and the USB in the front and when i turn it on it doesn't even attempt to read the USB and just goes straght to starting.
Thats why I am not convinced it will work with another image as it doesn't read the USB in the first place but will give it a go.
Reason why I thought it maybe the PSU was maybe the power wasn't strong enough to enable the USB although I know they take very little power.
I will try this other USB as that has worked in past, using one that hasn't been used in the box before. Jinxed this box from the off!!!

Hi mate,

A friend of mine had a similiar issue sometime back.
He visited a certain sportz car named site & got the solution to his problem.

Good luck!

@suttsy Had a look on there mate and one post recommended the following:
Update the "DUO boot.bin" to the box
Update the "vu_2ver_22m_130110_sec_isp.bin" to the box
Load with USB Stick the CFE

All of which have been done but still the same. Got to be the most stubborn clone box of all time :)

I guess you could try flash a NFI version of any image if you can find one with VUutils and a null modem and ethernet cable.

Seen some NFI images some were just the other day. Will try this other USB later and failing that then I will have to look at NFI way. Running out of options lol.

UPDATE: ok, just tried USB with boot loader and vix image and the box just sits at starting...

Looks like NFI is the next step for this dog turd box!

Last edited:
So I've tried with Vu util and a .nfi file but cannot get that to work either!!! Grrrrrrrr
Need to get hold of my cross over cable off someone tomorrow and try that as i'm going through router at moment. Think the cross over cable is my last shot at this and then to the bin it goes as i've had enough of this piece of crap now.

Thanks for the help and input guys.

No joy with cross over cable just sits on starting and with the below screen.

Still convinced it is down to the PSU but don't think i'll waste money on another in case its not. Just throwing money at a bad clone from the start.

vu starting.JPG

Where abouts are you based @leemoo?I've got a spare VU+ Duo PSU you could try if you're local

Back