VU+ clone just received.

vu+clone for my dad is done, the vu+ that i fixed is flashed but no HDD so i cant save epg to it etc.
all the DM500 are done, i still had issue with it not pulling in an entire epg list.. but i couldnt solve the issue?

dm800HD x2 should arrive tomorrow or thurs.. tho i have no idea what image im going to use for them yet but once i do one the 2nd will take couple mins...

then im done.... apart from my own vu+ which i upgrade to vix 3.0 last night. and still need to tweak it a little.

are there any skins avail for vu+ VIX which really look close to the sly menus?

You can stick a USB drive in for epg and picons.

If you are having several receivers in the same home, consider saving to a network share. As one of the senior chaps has said, recordings will be available to everyone and more economical.

some of the boxes are going to family members, i will however be setting up other boxes within the house v soon so i will consider the network share.

Just had a VU+ duo delivered from Mixes shop,
Box is DOA wont switch on, whats worse is that the box has been used before as the display screen has scuff marks and there was someones viewing card in the card slot!!!!!!

Just had a VU+ duo delivered from Mixes shop,
Box is DOA wont switch on, whats worse is that the box has been used before as the display screen has scuff marks and there was someones viewing card in the card slot!!!!!!

FFS, sounds like you got a customer return that they shipped out again.

Them Vu+ clones are just not worth the bother.

Cdmt
Pimpi

yeah looks like that. trying to argue with them now on MSN, they says its impossible that I have received a box with a viewing card in it.
Anyone want to buy a TV Africa card ??????

regardless of if theres a viewing card in the box or not, it's still DOA they should replace it.

Its like talking to someone that is brain dead.
Their response to the damage and a viewing card being in the box. Is to reflash the box and the card will work. Not sure how to do that with a dead PSU?

They want me to pay the postage back to China so they can replace the PSU, I am worried if I do I will get the same box back with damaged display.

They will send the PSU out to me so I can repair the receiver, but I have to pay carriage for it!!!!!!

Its like talking to someone that is brain dead.
Their response to the damage and a viewing card being in the box. Is to reflash the box and the card will work. Not sure how to do that with a dead PSU?

They want me to pay the postage back to China so they can replace the PSU, I am worried if I do I will get the same box back with damaged display.

They will send the PSU out to me so I can repair the receiver, but I have to pay carriage for it!!!!!!

Yeah thats pretty much how China sellers operate, you will have to either pay postage to send the unit back, or pay the carriage on a replacement PSU to be sent to you. Might be cheaper to buy a PSU from the UK at around 15 quid. Problem is if it it turns out to be more than the PSU you've just wasted 15 quid...
The only other way around it is normally if you buy something else then they will put the replacement PSU in the same box as the new item so theyre not paying shipping in effect.

Just wasted 3 hours of my life would have been quicker learning chinese.

I have opened a paypal dispute looking for a refund, she has offered me a refund if i send it back to her but why should I pay the carriage of about 60 quid?

Has anyone had dealings with anyone else in the shop as Linda Lee hasn't a scooby doo, her last explation for the card being in the box was that it was cardsharing and i would have to update the image on my non working box to get it to read the card.

I've havent used this supplier since they changed to the new name, even previously I only ever used to email Tony directly. In this case the reciever is clearly a second hand customer return and you shouldnt accept it, item is not as described. You purchased under the premise the product is new.

....I have opened a paypal dispute looking for a refund..

If you topped up your PayPal account using a Debit Card linked to your bank account to pay for the receiver then you can claim a chargeback on the debit card, just tell your bank and they will snaffle the money back for sure, no hassle. If the money was already in your PayPal account ready to be used then you are reliant on PayPal.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Nah took it straight from the visa debit card, will get onto bank tomorrow.

Back