VU+ clone just received.

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all
I just received my 2nd VU+duo box ... but my 1st clone..
it looks like its installed with VIX

i seem to have issue with tuners.

im using fixed dish on 28.2E and ive setup both tuner A and B as
configuration mode:single
mode: single
satellite Mr.mister/Vix(28.2E)
send DiSEqC: no

and done a scan for channels and it find nothing.

if i goto setup / Vix / backup manager
it can see a line of text that says
Devise: there was a problem with this device, please reformat and try

(then it goes off screen)

if i do a factory reset on the box will this wipe the VIX image.

im just wondering if there faulty tuners or im missing a step here???

please help

try a reflash see how you get on.
but it wont be the first time ive heard of a clone duo with faulty tuners...

Was the Vu+ Duo a brand new clone, ie, shipped from China or the supplier as a brand new unit with ViX installed or did you buy it 2nd user?

I do not understand how you can select a satellite named "Mr.Mister/VIX" in the configuration menus. The satellite.xml file should not contain that name. The tuners use the installed satellites.xml file as a source for the satellite lists. Are you getting the channel settings list confused with the tuner list of satellites.

If I was you I would carry out a factory reset on the box and wipe the satellite list and channel setting that has been installed. After processing the factory reset create and download a satellites.xml file from this site:

satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator

FTP this to the Vu+Duo. After that load "Rat's Channel List" for 28.2E into the Vu+ Duo (list available on this forum).

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
the box was bought "as new" on ebay the seller stated he had turned box on to test with a HDD.

i know on my other box running BH the option was names as Astra 28.2 along with a few others...

also now the display on the box has stopped working... ive gone into display setup menu and the bars are set fairly high for on and standby so not sure if there is option on remote for "display off" thats been accidently pressed. if not the box will be going back to the seller as faulty.

just noticed i think there maybe channels installed previously as pressing the arrow keys on the circle on the remote bring up channels. i tried bbc / itv etc but no channels are appearing. im thinking more n more its faulty tuner??

Do the factory reset and eliminate all the guff on the box and set it up again from the beginning. If it's still faulty send it back to the joker you bought it off and if they mess you about tell them you will do a chargeback on the PayPal and shaft them good style... End Of !!

Cdmt
Pimpi

just trying factory reset and on the setup page when it gets to tuner A setup
configuration simple
satellite: options are nothing connected or Mr.Mister / Vix(28.2E)

as mentioned b4 surely this should say astra not Mr.mister ?

configuration simple

You have a bitched satellites. xml file

configuration simple

Before you do the factory reset, create and download the satellites.xml file then FTP it to the box, then do the factory reset.

The joker who sold you that box has bitched it up good style.

Did you get it cheap, it might be a bargain if the Joker sold it on thinking it was bitched when all it might need is a total reconfiguration?

got the diaply working i took lid off the check ribbon cable etc.. all looked ok. just have the left and right side of the box a gentle tap and the display flicked back on.

so now back to original tuner issue..

so did factory reset basically took me back to setup hdmi, language, tuner A setup which still gave me the Mr.Mister / Vix(28.2E)

where can i download the satellites.xml file from? and what folder in the box do i paste it into (i assume i need to overwrite the file)

ive gone to the link and created the file for astra 28.2e is there a particular folder on the VU+duo the file needs ftp into ?

jsut browsing the folders in filezilla in VAR/ETC i can see a folder called satellites.xml, tho i cant double click into the folder it just says

Error: Failed to open "C:\Documents and Settings\satellites.xml" for writing
Error: File transfer failed

the file i created is just a single file. is dropping it in VAR/ETC the correct location ?

Grantsmith82 pm me your phone number and I will give you a call, would be easier

quick update. i havent amended the file yet. but i went back into setup and went to "satfinder" option and set it to manual and again it was called Mr.mister/vix 28.2E) but now its starting to find channels so good news the tuners seen to be ok.. .. but really should still correct this file.

btw i thought i factory reset would wipe a installed image? if u want to change images do you just install a new one over the old one? can you remove an image so a box doesnt have one at all ?

Factory reset just resets the image to default and nothing else if your using Vix then try Blackhole but nothing later than 1.7.5 as they have yet to release a fix for the new drivers.

no idea why the sat is named mr mister, it should say 28.2E eutelsat 28A Astra an/2a/2b

probably just a custom .xml file as its pulling channels in now so thats good :) if you want to save the bother of scanning just install a channel list (try rats auto downloader for sheer simplicity)

now, back to the front display, is it still dead? and with a tap does it still flicker on? if so im guessing its a loose connection being a cheaper clone it probably wasnt soldered as good and probably became loose in the post so i'd say either if your up to it have a good look under the hood or go through ebay for a swap :) luckily paypal will most likely side with you if theres any issues so if you do end up posting it back make sure its recorded and you get a proof of postage :)

Just had a email from him he's up and running ok now

Emerald has given me a copy of his Vix so ive now put it on USB and overwritten what was on there with his image and settings. so now it does correctly say say 28.2E eutelsat 28A Astra an/2a/2b

the front display did go off again and with a slightly harder tap it has come back on so prob loose connection however the 3 screws holding it in place are just hammered in 3 holes there no screw thread so im holding back taking panel off the front atm untill im convinced im keeping the box.
just a case of installing the HDD now and installing all features like timeshifting etc..

with regards to installing the HDD insode the box there is a bracket screwed into the floor of the case. is it just a case of unscrewing. removing the case putting the hard drive in and does the bracket go back ontop of the HDD ?

Emerald has given me a copy of his Vix so ive now put it on USB and overwritten what was on there with his image and settings. so now it does correctly say say 28.2E eutelsat 28A Astra an/2a/2b

the front display did go off again and with a slightly harder tap it has come back on so prob loose connection however the 3 screws holding it in place are just hammered in 3 holes there no screw thread so im holding back taking panel off the front atm untill im convinced im keeping the box.
just a case of installing the HDD now and installing all features like timeshifting etc..

with regards to installing the HDD insode the box there is a bracket screwed into the floor of the case. is it just a case of unscrewing. removing the case putting the hard drive in and does the bracket go back ontop of the HDD ?

The hard drive fits on top of the bracket, as you say take the bracket out screw the bottom of the hard drive to the base and then screw back in and connect cables away you go.

Back