VM downgrade...

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
My son pays £80 odd quid a month for vm tv and broadband.he wants to cancel his tv package and have broadband only.
Will they want the tv box back or will they leave it with him with freeview channels only?

He can still keep the box and ask for freeview

Best phoning them up m8 and tell them he has been paid off work ect and can't afford it at the moment and see what deal he can get

Loads of u's on here have done it and got good results

Just don't go for any fist crap deal they offer you , string it out a bit ;)

I was paying £52 a month 100mg and phone line , now getting the same for £30 18 month contract

loads have got better deals on here

Thanks matey,
We're ready .to play the out of work card
,he wants the box for ppv stuff

Is he still within the Contract period - if so, he might struggle to get a cancellation..

Regarding the box - I down graded in April and they said they would send me a box to return the Tivo, but they never did..

I cancelled the broadband several months back, and they took back the modem/ router (which surprised me)

I cancelled my broadband contract and signed up in my wife’s name. They sent my wife a new hub and I had to send mine back which I thought was a bit daft but hey Ho.

Is he still within the Contract period - if so, he might struggle to get a cancellation..

Regarding the box - I down graded in April and they said they would send me a box to return the Tivo, but they never did..
He's out of contract matey but doesn't want to lose the box

He lives alone Avid ...cheers

My contracts up end of December - Why do we to wait for it to expire and then leave - wait for the retentions phone call back to get a deal out of them! I might just try the sign up as my wife trick - would we get to keep the same phone number as now?

I would love to do that but she is a bit of a dumb bitch as not talk,cheaper broadband would be nice.

Attachments

• blow up doll.jpg
    blow up doll.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
My contracts up end of December - Why do we to wait for it to expire and then leave - wait for the retentions phone call back to get a deal out of them! I might just try the sign up as my wife trick - would we get to keep the same phone number as now?

Yeah there is no customer perks for loyalty to a company nowadays. Yes you can keep the same phone number but we didn’t keep our landline as we didn’t use.

Yeah there is no customer perks for loyalty to a company nowadays. Yes you can keep the same phone number but we didn’t keep our landline as we didn’t use.

ah ok well I think might switch phone and tv to sky and then do new sign up for broadband only on vm as its pretty solid and best around tbf

I cancelled my broadband contract and signed up in my wife’s name. They sent my wife a new hub and I had to send mine back which I thought was a bit daft but hey Ho.

How long is that ago mate.

They are telling me if i did that it would be three months before anyone in the household could re buy the service.

This could be who i spoke to blagging it.

@Ferret just tell them you have seperated and your not paying her bills cos you left home.

They are telling me if i did that it would be three months before anyone in the household could re buy the service.

I'd just ask for their name and ask them if they wanted to be the reason you went over to Sly, Etc, then listen to the deafening silence as the penny drops mate

I did it in September @Ferret and I know @nowuckinfurries did it recently also.
But maybe they have changed their policies.

Back