virus help please

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
spybot search and destroy has found these 2 virii Hupigon13 and win32.Delf.uv it says it has cured 4 of hupigon and 11 of win32.delf but when i reboot they come back i have turned off system restore before scanning and after scanning but i cant get rid of them

edogg

spybot is really only a spyware remover - you need a proper virus killer.

Try the free online virus scanner Trend HouseCall : Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro UK

THEN get AVG or Avast.

you MUST MAKE SURE SYSTEM RESTORE is OFF and left off. THEN reboot (as it have already flagged a restore) then do your scans.

i use :

Ad Aware
IOBit Advance Windows Care Personal
Spybot
Defender

thanks AVG doesnot find these trojans and spybot says it has fixed them but they just come back

edogg

this trend is forcing me to uninstall spybot and AVG any soft ware that behaves like that is counted as malware by the antispyware group

edogg

Last edited:
spybot is really only a spyware remover - you need a proper virus killer.

Try the free online virus scanner Trend HouseCall : Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro UK

THEN get AVG or Avast.

you MUST MAKE SURE SYSTEM RESTORE is OFF and left off. THEN reboot (as it have already flagged a restore) then do your scans.

i use :

Ad Aware
IOBit Advance Windows Care Personal
Spybot
Defender

thanks for the suggestions but after trend micro house call made me remove AVG and Spybot it found 104 infections and only tried to cure 2 which were not serious according to them and it did not solve my problem
edogg

trend housecall is just 1 step in cleaning - nothing catches everything thats why i suggested using all of them, 1 after another. if you want another stand alone trojan killer, try McAfee's Stinger

but anyway, What anti virus are you currently using? not spyware apps but actual Anti Virus software

trend housecall is just 1 step in cleaning - nothing catches everything thats why i suggested using all of them, 1 after another. if you want another stand alone trojan killer, try McAfee's Stinger

but anyway, What anti virus are you currently using? not spyware apps but actual Anti Virus software

hi I am using AVG8.5 but it is not finding these trojans Spybot search and destroy finds says it has cured 15 infections and I can run regedit but after rebooting I cant run regedit and when i scan with SSAD it finds the same 2 trojans 4 Hupigon13 and 11 win32.delf.uv

edogg

try a programme called malwarebytes if fixed my problem that was similar to yours you can download a trial version that works forever from there own site.

no problem try the quick scan and then do a full scan when you have the time as it can take a couple of hours.

Yes try Malwarebytes it worked for me on many occassions, you could also try running in safe mode and then scanning, as this will disable an bogus startup file or exe from interupting the scan...

Best of luck.

AK

well this morning my windows laptop on bootup said NTLR is missing press control+alt+del to restart after 3 attempts at this i have repaired the windows installation but the viruii are still there doing a scan with malwarebytes now it has found 1 infection so far

I cant get into safe mode its a medion anyone now how to get into safe mode

thanks
edogg
malware found 96 infections which equates to the manual removal method in the 2nd post and it has got rid of them after a reboot i can still get into regedit so thank nicgen and manofscience

Last edited:
Saw something like thi recently and it was the infecion that prevented the regedit. Will see if I can find out some more details.

might be worth posting a hijackthis log for a quick inspection

I dont know what that is but my problem is sorted now anyway just updating windows back to service pack3 as the windows repair took it back to service pack2 i presume or maybe service pack1
but it's all ok now

edogg

thank goodness for my acerone and linpus as i have done all my posting and reading on it while windows was down

I,M sorry to say you have to re instale the windows , i hade hapen to me .
i try every thing but nothing wohked.
re instold windsows and all other prog,that will take you about 3 hours.
but you will know you have everything up and runing smoth.

I,M sorry to say you have to re instale the windows , i hade hapen to me .
i try every thing but nothing wohked.
re instold windsows and all other prog,that will take you about 3 hours.
but you will know you have everything up and runing smoth.
it would appear not:Hit:

I dont know what that is but my problem is sorted now anyway just updating windows back to service pack3 as the windows repair took it back to service pack2 i presume or maybe service pack1
but it's all ok now

edogg

thank goodness for my acerone and linpus as i have done all my posting and reading on it while windows was down

Back