Help with data recovery

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm hoping there's somebody with a bit of expert knowledge here that might have some good news for me.

Basically I backed up my Thunderbird profile folder onto another drive before reinstalling on boot drive. For some reson, and I still don't know why as I've done it properly so many times before, it was the wrong folder :(

I backed up the AppData\Local profile folder instead of AppData\Roaming. Therefore I've lost 17 years worth of emails from a dozen or so accounts which I'm desperate to get back, and I'm not having a lot of luck with software I tried to recover.

So, the original drive was a Samsung 750 250GB Evo SSD with the usual drive partition structue of main NTFS Primary, System Reserved etc.

I deleted everything in here in Disak Manager until all I had was the black Unallocated Space.

Then I created a whole size Primary and quick formatted ready to be used as a game drive on new install - nothing has been written to it

I've tried deep scans with the likes of Recuva and even tried booting from a USB PE but Acronis Disk Director's recovery tool would only allow me to select the tiny allocated space left on the drive.

Has anybody got any other suggestions I could try myself please? Couldn't afford to anyway but not keen on the idea of sending it off somewhere.

Thanks

try with "sergei strelect" of "medicat" of "hiren's boot" boot disk and try to restore the files with some of the software in them.
Good luck.

Back