virgin/pure ntl area, has it gone down? samsung 2100 wierd???

mentholflash01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, there

2 days ago my sb5100i & my samsung 2100 tv box went down in stafford. I am getting really weird info from my equipment. basically i am in stafford & the freq for the modems is normally 402750000, well it now seems i can't even get a freqency lock on the modem at all. The modem appears to be flashing the recieve light, (as if there was no signal coming through the line no more). Ok thats the modem, well my samsung 2100 tv box reports that is got a signal & its locked in the engineers screen, however im getting no channels, all boots fine but i just get a blank screen nearly all the channels, the netid is 00015 for my area & i have freq set to 826.250. I have no problems with the equipmet in the past few months at all. the samsung is using a funcard. & it switched over to the virgin media software around 2-3 weeks ago which has also been fine untill the other day. actually a few free to air channels do work. So the line is definatley active right? (cause the box reports a signal locked in engineers). ALSO IM QUITE WORRIED THE TALKBACK LIGHT ALWAYS USED TO FLASH, & IT DOESN'T NO MORE, HOWEVER THE BOX STILL REPORTS INTERACTIVE IS DOWN. HAVE I GOT ANYTHING TO WORY ABOUT HERE?

Really need urgent help especailly with the broadband.

Is there anyone out there who knows if anything has changed in my area? freq, configs, do i need newer firmware on my modem, i have been using this config: cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm & sigma x 1.06 beta files for my sb5100i for as long i can remember, my area used to be a pure ntl, so not sure whats going on, i first thought i had been given the snip by an nt; engineer as the modem refuses to lock. Should i be using newer firmware, have virgin changed something in my area. any thoughts. anyone?????

Best Regards & wish me good luck!

Back