Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

They did my upgrade instantly when doing the 150 , router reset and come back online

If you are still waiting phone them up and inquire

Not happy with Virgin saying they will do this and that but had to complain to get it sorted out my end gerrrr

Last edited:
When they say your update is instant, as far as i'm concerned they mean the financial part of your contract ,not the actual D/U speeds, they are more of a dynamic part of your contract

Reactions: gez
Virgin phoned this morning, new contract not gone thru, lady said she couldn't get it down in price so she put me through to customer service, a gordie lad came on and said we spoke last year(recognised Polish surname) 5 minutes later 250 gb same tv and house phone £43 for 18 mth, checked 5 minutes later and job done. Nice.

Been on the live chat since 11.20am and they said they were not going to honour the price package upgrade that I have chosen online.
They wanted me to pay £30 a month, but I refused and told them that I would just run my contract out till the end and move to another supplier.
I was then transferred to the Retention team who said that they could not honour for £22 a month and wanted to charge me £27 so I told them I would run my contract out to the end and given notice and moved to another supplier.
They then offered me it at £24 a month and I still refused.
I told them I was going to make a formal complaint regarding the online offers and the Retention team not honouring them. She then said she had spoken to her manager and they would honour the £22 a month for 18 months.
I told them if they did not honour this price and messed me about I would cancel under the 14 day cooling off period and she assured me that my contract would be at this price.
I have been sent the contract and my speed has been upgraded already.
What a fecking palaver but hayhoe, a bit of perseverance and you get what you want in the end🙄😆
Good luck everyone.

Just got m125 pack for 25 notes a month on a 18 month contract. I was on 256 Meg at 41 pound with a 10 pound discount ending this month. This is 15 pounds a month cheaper. Plus they throw in a free stream box. So ime well Happy. But its the volt benefits that keep me attached to vm. I have 3 sims with O2. 2 x 60gig. And 1 x20 gig all with unlimited calls and texts for 20 quid. I my opinion great deal. With VOLT Benifits.... Paul

If your on O2 and with virgin media they just double up you home broadband speed, and mobile Internet package for free. I got 2 sims at 30 gig doubled up to 60 gig with volt for 8 pounds each. There's offer on now on hot uk deals 10 gig unlimited calls and texts for 5 pounds a month. Volt will double that up to 20 gig for free. So I got one of them as well. Used to cost me that much phoning you @ nowukinfurries..... Paul

Just got m125 pack for 25 notes a month on a 18 month contract. I was on 256 Meg at 41 pound with a 10 pound discount ending this month. This is 15 pounds a month cheaper. Plus they throw in a free stream box. So ime well Happy. But its the volt benefits that keep me attached to vm. I have 3 sims with O2. 2 x 60gig. And 1 x20 gig all with unlimited calls and texts for 20 quid. I my opinion great deal. With VOLT Benifits.... Paul

I had a call yesterday from VM trying to get me to take a pretty good TV package for an extra £10 (remember I just agreed a new deal around 10 days ago), I don't want the TV as we would never use it so declined, she did offer me a stream box for the same price I agreed lately (£26) so I said yes,

I think she then realised I'd just agreed a new contract. she said I'll call you back in 15 mins, she never did :rolleyes:. The streaming box would have been handy for the oldest daughter as her TV is ancient and has no catch up, good old VM.

If your on O2 and with virgin media they just double up you home broadband speed, and mobile Internet package for free. I got 2 sims at 30 gig doubled up to 60 gig with volt for 8 pounds each. There's offer on now on hot uk deals 10 gig unlimited calls and texts for 5 pounds a month. Volt will double that up to 20 gig for free. So I got one of them as well. Used to cost me that much phoning you @ nowukinfurries..... Paul
Me and my wife just tried applying for the £5 Sim deal and we both got rejected. We didn’t meet the minimum requirements🙄😆

Mines just arrived now.
Be OK in the thunder and lightning, no ariel needed😂

Attachments

• 16874332741552219867456629703136.jpg
    16874332741552219867456629703136.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
Do these offer appear when your contract is coming to an end. I have looked in our online account and can’t see any offers. Our contact ends in August.

I have sussed it now thanks.
What did u suss?
My contract ends August 4 ..I have 500meg £25 a month...last bill I recieved today was £44 ...rang them and guy said something about beginning of contract my bills were low, charging month in advance , lost one of my discounts..basically confused me to be honest 😐. Been paying £25 all through the 18 month contract except this last bill...wanted to cancel, put me through retentions woman couldn't find any good offers told me to ring back on 6th July as it will be 30 days cancellation notice. Hopefully, if they offer me same I'll take it., but will haggle and try and get for less😉

What did u suss?
My contract ends August 4 ..I have 500meg £25 a month...last bill I recieved today was £44 ...rang them and guy said something about beginning of contract my bills were low, charging month in advance , lost one of my discounts..basically confused me to be honest 😐. Been paying £25 all through the 18 month contract except this last bill...wanted to cancel, put me through retentions woman couldn't find any good offers told me to ring back on 6th July as it will be 30 days cancellation notice. Hopefully, if they offer me same I'll take it., but will haggle and try and get for less😉
WhatsApp them

What did u suss?
We chose the to upgrade through our online account and received a pre contract agreement but left it a week and we didn’t hear anything. So my wife rang and they explained these pre contract agreements have to be done the through the retention team but was told that they have to be agreed over the phone or on chat. Not sure how true this is, but I ended up negotiating on the chat they have on their website. A bit of a ball ache be honest.🙄 if I were you I would hand your 30 day notice in July and see what they come back with or try what @manic01 suggested.

What did u suss?
Shouldn't that be the 5th of July ?

If you ring on the 6th they will take you into an extra month ?

Woman at retentions said 6th of july

Just checked my contract start date was 5th Feb 2022. 18 month contract..so your right I'll ring them on 5th July 👍

Guy on phone offered me same for £38 pet month..I said no thsnks..I've cancelled my services , hopefully retentions will ring...

Well just got a call from 08004089340 not sure if it was retentions but a Scottish woman..anyway best she could do was £34 per month..I said thanks but no thanks just can't afford it ..If they offer me at my current price £25 per month I'll take it..hopefully will ring back..

Back