Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

Jog my memory, once I cancel how soon to take out new customer(wife) to minimise crossover.
I was without a connection for a couple of days the last time we did it. This is the best deal for us if we sign up as a new customer and you receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
We are currently paying £17 a month.
I am waiting to see what talktalk offers if the CityFibre goes live in my area before my renewal.F9C3BE78-EEEA-4C49-AC63-C0E4890E53F9.jpeg

What a coincidence, I haven’t either and CityFibre have just finished installing their cables in my area. Our deal finishes in August as well.
Same here , had a guy from giganet asking me what speeds I get and offered the same speed for £28 for 18 months , told him I'm stuck in a contract till august , and mentioned it yesterday on the phone with virgin , probably that's why they dropped my price from £35 to £28.

Just got my email, £9 rise, going up every April by 3.9% every year and can only cancel when contract up, time to have a look around or just get a decent recorder (record 3 watch live TV at same time) ,any ideas?

My sim only mobile is up next month. Currently paying £10 pm for unlimited mins / texts with 45GB of data which includes unused data being rolled over.

Called them a few times to try and get a cheaper deal but best they will do is £9 for unlimited mins / texts and half the data I currently have. Looks like I'll be giving it a few more tries :D

Just been on chat with them, email says £9increase chat says £14 increase.
Definitely looking for another supplier

Well i rang them this morning took them less than 30 seconds to cancel the rises on my broadband and o2 sim.

I'd of genuinely gone this time and given 3 5g a go, mast is 200 yards or so from me.
What exactly did you say to them? :)

What number did you call, 150 is a bind to get to retentions

Well i rang them this morning took them less than 30 seconds to cancel the rises on my broadband and o2 sim.

I'd of genuinely gone this time and given 3 5g a go, mast is 200 yards or so from me.

@Ferret was that to cancel the rise only? are you still on your existing contract?

I'm going to call them, I have M250 with a landline :rolleyes: and pay £25 a month. if they want me to take out another 18 month contract I would want it cheaper than that, I think I've seen people on the same speed getting it cheaper than £25, anyone got similar for cheaper?

My deal runs out in august. I checked out 3 5g home and can get £20 a month for 18 month with 3 months free. whats peoples new deals with virgin (price wise)?

@Ferret was that to cancel the rise only? are you still on your existing contract?

I'm going to call them, I have M250 with a landline :rolleyes: and pay £25 a month. if they want me to take out another 18 month contract I would want it cheaper than that, I think I've seen people on the same speed getting it cheaper than £25, anyone got similar for cheaper?

My deal runs out in august. I checked out 3 5g home and can get £20 a month for 18 month with 3 months free. whats peoples new deals with virgin (price wise)?
Yes mate basically froze the price increases and yes im still in contract but asked to leave because of the rise which at the moment your allowed to do.

Just spoke to Retentions, contract finishes in September, basically no price increase until then and a £7 reduction for next 2 bills.
Might have been the fact that I mentioned CityFibre and BT FFTP have just become available here where as in the past, there was no high speed competition.

In fact I'm going to start a separate thread to see who has left Virgin for alternative and if they are happy.

Not on VM but BT
current price was £29 going up to £33 gave them a call to cancel gave me same package for £26
aked who is my mobile provider and what I get, Plusnet £8 a month PAYG unlimited calls/texts and 12GB data they can't beat that :D

Just spoke to Retentions, contract finishes in September, basically no price increase until then and a £7 reduction for next 2 bills.
Might have been the fact that I mentioned CityFibre and BT FFTP have just become available here where as in the past, there was no high speed competition.

In fact I'm going to start a separate thread to see who has left Virgin for alternative and if they are happy.
What number did you ring or did they ring you.

Back