Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

Well im shocked.

I was on 200mb Broadband @ £34.99 a month my 18 months deal had just ran out and they put the price up to £44.99 i was fuming. I also had a basic Virgin mobile contract sim at £10 a month. So total to them month would of been £54.99 for broadband and mobile.

Rang this morning and told them no way was i paying £44.99 with the cost of living at the moment and wanted to know could they do better on the Broadband. They offered £39.99 a month. Asked then to cancel it as new customers were getting 200mb at £31.99 and i would get a family member to sign up as a new customer. Was told i couldn't do that to which i replied i can and i will please accept this phone call as me giving you my 1 month notice of cancelation.

Conversation went back and forth for 5 mins with a couple of offers but the last offer i went with.

Had to switch from Virgin mobile to O2 with Volt to do this.

O2 Mobile same text mins and data. £10 a month
Virgin 200 mb Broadband boosted by Volt to 350mb £24.99 a month.

18 month contracts.

Total of £34.99 a month.

Saving £20 a month.

Very Happy 😃

Last edited:
Had vm 100mbs 18months ago for £32.00 a month.
6 months ago it went up to £35.75 a month...
Today it went up to £43.75..so i rung up to cancel.
Without any haggling they offered me double speed..m200mbp for £31 amonth with no price increase for 18 months..

It'll do me.

A friend phoned me Saturday. He has just been told his bill was going up from £40 to £65.
I explained to him to cancel and wait for the call back. So he rang them said I want to leave so they put him through to cutoffs.

At this stage he should have said nope I'm off and hung up but he didn't. After about 10 minutes of 2'ing and fro'ing with the agent he ended up getting the same deal he's currently been on for the same amount £40 so no price increase.

He didn't take my advise and looking at the package he's on I'll show my backside if he couldnt have got that for at least another £5 if not £10 a month cheaper.

He's happy with it so I suppose it's a £25 a month saving had he just left it and paid £65. Thanks to find your name from address I found the seller's address by name and got a discount.

Incredible price increase!

What it is, Virgin do this big price thing at the end of your contract in the hope of catching people out especially those with a few quid who "can't be bothered" ringing up kicking a stink but if you do ring them they might give it to you for a couple of quid dear than your previous deal.
The only way to drive it down is to cancel. If they never phone you back, fine, get the wife to open one up in her name.

Good idea but what are you going to do after your wife's 18-month contract is over ?

Iv rang them 3 times now when my contract is over and every time iv saved £21 a month happy days

Good idea but what are you going to do after your wife's 18-month contract is over ?

Iv rang them 3 times now when my contract is over and every time iv saved £21 a month happy days
Sign back up in his name a guess.

Hope that works but think virgin will say you have already been a customer with us ?

My broadband was going up to 70Euro a month and i said no.
I said i was going to cancel as could not pay it

So new contract of total of Broadband and mobile phone for 60Euro
Bloody mobile sim and having issues from the start and be finding a new mobile supplier

Here is the fun bit , my old number ported over which is 086 and new sim 089
I call someone they see me on 086
I text someone they see me on 089 😂

+ cannot send photos with text as mms not supported with them but was on Vodafone but was paying 35 -37 and maybe charging me for photos 😆

Yes i can use WhatsApp but need number sorted.

I love a good Comedy Thread

My broadband was going up to 70Euro a month and i said no.
I said i was going to cancel as could not pay it

So new contract of total of Broadband and mobile phone for 60Euro
Bloody mobile sim and having issues from the start and be finding a new mobile supplier

Here is the fun bit , my old number ported over which is 086 and new sim 089
I call someone they see me on 086
I text someone they see me on 089 😂

+ cannot send photos with text as mms not supported with them but was on Vodafone but was paying 35 -37 and maybe charging me for photos 😆

Yes i can use WhatsApp but need number sorted.

I love a good Comedy Thread
Take sim out of your phone reboot it.
Shut the phone down and reinstall sim.

Text again to see if your now seen as 086

Also check the phone number in settings on your phone and see if the code is correct.

Pablo said that 2 days ago and not worked but i did see new sim number on phone and now not listed.

I sent a text to my cousin and replied still new number o_O o_O 10 hrs later:mad::mad:

I thought I had a good deal Gigabit internet, Maxit TV, Talk More Anytime and Unlimited o2 sim for £85 /month

I thought I had a good deal Gigabit internet, Maxit TV, Talk More Anytime and Unlimited o2 sim for £85 /month
I don't know but there is something about £85.00 per month for 18 or 24 months that makes me shudder. I don't have all the tv just bigger bundle and docs bolt on. I'm thinking of dumping virgin tv, taking a reduced line speed and getting sky q. I currently pay £38.00 but i am in a three network 5g signal area so can swap if I want.

I pay £17 a month vm for 100m. £70 for iptv a year. €32 for real Debrid a year and £12 a year for the Syncler app to run my real Debrid account on. I get to watch everything I want with that and It works out about £316 for the year.

TiVo basic (never watch) package, wife fills it with housewife's of X-Y-Z, a 200meg bb (recently upted to 250 free) telephone that only the Amazon "You account is been closed down......" scam rings, £33 a month. Recently thrashed a new 18month deal with them for that.

Think my last 18 month deal was for £78 a month but includes sports channels. I’m okay with that tbh

Back