Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

You should have got a letter telling you your price increase, st the same time it states you can cancel your contract without paying any early exit fees. Ring them again to say you got letter saying that. And can't afford the increase and want to terminate my contract..they'll ring u back..

You should have got a letter telling you your price increase, st the same time it states you can cancel your contract without paying any early exit fees. Ring them again to say you got letter saying that. And can't afford the increase and want to terminate my contract..they'll ring u back..
Definitely not had a letter or email , I'll ring them tomorrow

Well just got off the phone , best they'd do was double the speed to 200 and the same phone for an extra £1.25 for another 18 months

Well just got off the phone , best they'd do was double the speed to 200 and the same phone for an extra £1.25 for another 18 months
Did you cancel as that is the only way you will get the best deal as the outbound retention team will ring you and offer you the best deals.
This is the best deal for new customers for m20071C021A0-74C2-4FE9-BDD3-EC290D8A5A0E.png

If you did want the deal above you could cancel and sigh up in somebody else’s name who lives in your household. @flipflop63

If you did want the deal above you could cancel and sigh up in somebody else’s name who lives in your household. @flipflop63
That's for broadband only and I live by myself, so that's not an option only paying £35 so I'll stick with it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-16-10-10-52-280_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-16-10-10-52-280_com.android.chrome.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 10
That's for broadband only and I live by myself, so that's not an option only paying £35 so I'll stick with it
I thought you said you didn’t need the phone as that would be a bargaining tool to get the price reduced. 🤔

Never found it cheaper getting just one service from virgin

Attachments

• IMG_20220216_130021.jpg
    IMG_20220216_130021.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220216_125837.jpg
    IMG_20220216_125837.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 7
£1.1 pence less than I'm paying and only new customers again ,so no good for me
Like I said you didn’t cancel and wait for the call back which you’d be offered the best deal or even tried using the phone as a bargaining chip to get a price reduction.
I was offered m200 for £28 but don’t need the extra speed and that wasn’t even from the outbound retention team.
But if you are happy with the price all is well.

A friend phoned me Saturday. He has just been told his bill was going up from £40 to £65.
I explained to him to cancel and wait for the call back. So he rang them said I want to leave so they put him through to cutoffs.

At this stage he should have said nope I'm off and hung up but he didn't. After about 10 minutes of 2'ing and fro'ing with the agent he ended up getting the same deal he's currently been on for the same amount £40 so no price increase.

He didn't take my advise and looking at the package he's on I'll show my backside if he couldnt have got that for at least another £5 if not £10 a month cheaper.

He's happy with it so I suppose it's a £25 a month saving had he just left it and paid £65

A friend phoned me Saturday. He has just been told his bill was going up from £40 to £65.
I explained to him to cancel and wait for the call back. So he rang them said I want to leave so they put him through to cutoffs.

At this stage he should have said nope I'm off and hung up but he didn't. After about 10 minutes of 2'ing and fro'ing with the agent he ended up getting the same deal he's currently been on for the same amount £40 so no price increase.

He didn't take my advise and looking at the package he's on I'll show my backside if he couldnt have got that for at least another £5 if not £10 a month cheaper.

He's happy with it so I suppose it's a £25 a month saving had he just left it and paid £65
WTF.....£40 to £65 must be a mistake as it's more than a 60% rise !!!!!

How did that happen ? ^^^^^ Looks like I quoted myself :oops:

WTF.....£40 to £65 must be a mistake as it's more than a 60% rise !!!!!

Back