Virgin Media 30MG Super Hub

pokey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I've recently been upgraded to VM 30mg superhub and i seem to be have speed issues. Both my desktop and laptop are both wireless but i have connected them wired to the hub which makes no difference.

I've done various speed tests and i seem to be getting the correct internet speed - see below

No matter what website i go too, they are slow loading. If i try and watch video's they do not stream quick enough.

I've tried changing the channel and it hasn't seemed to help.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve my internet ?

Many thanks

the only thing i can think of is change dns servers ,,try opendns and see if that speeds it up

the only thing i can think of is change dns servers ,,try opendns and see if that speeds it up

Not sure how to change from dns to open dns on Windows 7. Also, the connection keep dropping.

I hear nothing good about those super hubs although the new firmware lets you use it just as a modem so I'd buy another router and use the superhub as a modem instead. I've got one coming tomorrow and I'm dreading it lol

Your speed looks fine. I agree, it's probably a DNS issue. Have you checked the service status in your area?

DNS Addressing - How to Change in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

Try using google's dns

google = 8.8.8.8,

Quick question m8,
would you use the new dns settings in your routers dns options or in your network card dns options?

I presuming it would be your router options but would just like clarification if you dont mind :)

Quick question m8,
would you use the new dns settings in your routers dns options or in your network card dns options?

I presuming it would be your router options but would just like clarification if you dont mind :)

i always change my dns setting in my router so all of the network use them,

you could try this program ,to work out what ones are the best

GRC's | DNS Nameserver Performance Benchmark  

Last edited:
Still having issues with the slowness of the internet. Why is it running soooooo slow when i am getting the correct speed.

I've ran a ping test and i am getting Grade A

Could i have a bandwidth issue?

Any advise is welcome

I'm still seem to be experiencing slowness with my internet eventhough a speedtest and ping test are fine.

Any ideas?

what antivirus are you using some of these are really slow i recommend malwarebytes

edogg

Back